Burley Softride Tandem--Comments Please

GTWilliams

Jul 4, 2005
I'm looking at a used Burley Tandem. Rumba softride model. Any comments on bikes from Burley? I guess they are only make trailers now. It's a 2002 and they are asking $1,200. Not Surly...but Burley!
Thoughts?

GTWilliams said:
I'm looking at a used Burley Tandem. Rumba softride model. Any comments on bikes from Burley? I guess they are only make trailers now. It's a 2002 and they are asking $1,200. Not Surly...but Burley!
Thoughts?

Try posting on tandem@hobbes list.
Never tried a softride myself. We have a co-motion mocha which we love.

another source of great source of info is www.thetandemlink.com

Cheers

Geoff

GTWilliams said:
Thoughts?
We road a Burly Softride and did not like it.
We road a Burly tandem with a shock absorbing seat post for the stoker and liked it a lot.
We find that getting the teamwork requires some adaption, but we don't both want to suffer through the process. My wife and stoker just could not get her pedal stroke smooth with the Softride and it was even worse for her working with me through turns.
I think that you should trial ride the bicyle as far as you and your team mate... and the tandem owner would allow. Only you as a team knows what will work for you and what won't.