Bush or Kerry or ???

limerickman said:
Dr Duk - of course, if Zapper did have any real respect for the military and the personnel that he claims to have, he would respect both you and David for serving.
But just like his references to his commander and chief - it depends on the occupant of the office.
His posts throughout **** one commander in chief (Clinton) but applauds another commander in chief (Bush).
This dichotomy actually illustrates Zappers lack of respect.
He doesn't respect the office - he respects the office holder if it suits his argument.

If someone genuinely had respect for his fellow military personnel - he would not **** off, publicly, his comrades (even if they served many years before).
This is true. Zappers argument of "you're not active-duty, anymore, so you're opinion does'nt matter" & his disdain for Clinton then his backpedaling to say he respects the office when in fact he only respects someone he happens to like, in the office. It's absurd, but the longer one stick's around, one learns to read his post's w/ a grain of salt. They're republican party commercials & i bet they're not even paying him, the taxpayers (we) are !!! :eek:

:D
This will be my last post because I have other pressing matters like my practice to worry about. One last message to Mr. Zapper. I am currently involved in a new surgical procedure that in the near future I will need a few volunteers. Since YOU where so gracious and volunteered for our military maybe YOU could spare a little time for medical science. In a brief explanation the procedure is called "HOOF AND MOUTH DISEASE" and the removal of one's foot from one's mouth because their mouth spreads so much BS the person has to have their foot removed from time to time. YOU seem to be a prime candidate.

Dr. Duk said:
:confused:

The answer is in the reply. I suppose I should have spelled it out for you. The wars that have been fought since Korea have been fought by the sons and daughters of the poor and the middle class. None of the rich and famous have fought or served in a war theater except Al Gore, John Kerry, John McCain. Republicans are not being singled out. My point about Bush's daughters is very simple. When I see the sons and daughters of the rich and famous serving along side the other classes of people then I will be satisfied. If Bush is so sincere about his war in Iraq why doesn't he and the other Republican mouthpieces serve up their offspring? It is very simple to spout their philosophy but another to sacrifice.
Perhaps you could be a little more sarcastic. This would be believeable if you hadn't singled out Bush and other conservatives. How about all the Democrats who voted for war? Funny that you didn't mention any of them. If you really want to complain about the rich not sending their children, then you need to mention ALL who voted for the use of force.

davidmc said:
I don't agree w/ all of Kerry's platform but I DISagree w/ ALL of Bush's platform & his entire cabinet-Cheney, Ashcroft, Rice, Rumsfeld, ect...
What are some of those Kerry items you don't agree with?

Okay DICKWEED, the war of words are on. I volunteered for the Navy and I served four years and I was discharged with a honorable discharge so don't slur my service because it was 30 years ago you dimwitted S.O.B. I saved lives and some lives I couldn't save so don't slur my comrades in arms service either.
Well ****…BREATH, You seem to have quite a temper for a doctor??? “War of Words” what kind of ridiculous statement is this? Where do you think you are…oh, a forum..knock knock mcfly… I’m going to ignore the “SOB” remark as you obviously have no class. You slurred your own service when you insinuated that those of us that are currently active duty are somehow less educated than almighty…You? I’m glad you saved lives and I’m sure they are thankful that you did your duty. As a corpsman, that is what you were paid to do, so congratulations are doing your job. I’m curious though…Kerry says you burned villages, cut off limbs, attached telephone wires to genitals…..etc…Is this what you did in NAM or is Kerry Lying????

You believe that only your kind can be a patriot and love you country but you are so wrong on every point. I have fought my country and almost died for it. I have many friends who gave the ultimate for this country so we as Americans can speak are mind but it isn't worth it when people like you say that my generation doesn't have a voice or we haven't any worthwhile ideas only people like YOU HAVE THE RIGHT IDEAS. Remember if it wasn't for previous generations you wouldn't be here nor would you have the freedoms you are experiencing to spout your garbage.
Let me point something out to you…I have many FRIENDS and FAMILY members who have given the ultimate so that you can sit there and try to type this ****. I bring up my active duty military status only to pass on observations which I base my opinion vice those who repeat the DNC rhetoric about banners and turkeys… No one said that your generation isn’t capable of producing good ideas, you need to rethink that one homer. However, what you fail to acknowledge that YOU and others like YOU that served years ago in a different era under different circumstances may have thought differently. You cannot compare that war and those times to today… Further Dr. Bonehead, you freakin ass didn’t save us from the Vietcong…but today’s military might just keep your ass from being blown up here in the states…We are in a Global War on Terror not a war confined to Vietnam…So although I admire your service especially since you volunteered, your stellar efforts didn’t have a global impact. Additionally, I still think your “robot” remark is a load of **** and a slap in the face to today’s military.

You still haven't answered the question about the 6 months and the time you have spent writing 795 posts. When have you had time to serve your active duty? I guess my answer is that you are really a GOLDBRICK!!!
Hey DR. Smartass, didn’t they teach you how to read in medical school? Your asinine question has already been answered.

This is for Bikerman. If the war in Iraq is so righteous Bush and his Republican buddies shouldn't have a problem having their daughters and sons serve in the military and fight for his beliefs. About not caring about the Vietnam War remember if you don't learn from history and your mistakes you are bound to make the same mistakes over again and again.
Look, I know that you addressed this to bikerman, but I can’t resist.. This ******** about having his daughters serve etc…HEY DOC, this IS NOT the VIETNAM war…I could understand if there was a DRAFT ongoing, but hey…EARTH to DR.DUCK…This is a volunteer force..you know..like when you volunteered….., by the way, I’d like to see the war hero Edwards or perhaps Kerry’s daughters contribute as well…

Dr. Duk said:
:rolleyes:

It really isn't any of your business but I have no party affiliation.
I am shocked! :eek: Say it ain't so...

I look at problems for what they are and if a person or party causes the problem then I have one vote to try and change those problems for the better. Being in the medical field (Dr.) I have to look at problems on a daily basis and to try and come to a conclusion for those problems for my patients.
You might try a self examination...My prescription for you...Anger management class, an eye examination and a prefrontal leukotomy.
Oh yes, I will put my education background up against yours any day!!!!!
Sorry, I don't want anything of yours up against anything of mine...

Dr. Duk said:
:rolleyes:

What individuals did in the past is very pertinent today. I remember the mistakes in the past and if one doesn't learn by their mistakes then he is lost. If I remember my history of 2 yrs. ago there was no vote on the war only on the possiblity of using force after all other means where exhausted.
See here's the problem gramps...You keep relying on history. Fact is while you were remembering many of my friends were being shot at over the "no fly zone" in Iraq...for over 10 years! Agree with your statement, one must learn from mistakes..We didn't take Bagdad during GWI, so lesson learned...

Beware of politicans who haven't fought or been in a war theater but who jump at the chance to seen our military into unjust causes.
Yeah like JFK and LBJ? Oh wait a minute…They did serve…Ah, but Clinton didn’t…

BTW to be an educated doctor, your spelling sucks…I’d hate to see your handwriting….Oh

limerickman said:
Well said - your experience makes your words more credible than those cowards here who waffle on about fighting - whilst spending their days posting their opinions on a cycling website.
Can you be a little more specific on whose a coward?

limerickman said:
Well said - your experience makes your words more credible than those cowards here who waffle on about fighting - whilst spending their days posting their opinions on a cycling website.
Yes, especially those cowards who crunch numbers for a living, show complete disgust for a particular people and have never served a day in their life in the military...Bravo limerickman, your self-character assasination is refreshing...

limerickman said:
And you're correct here - it was Al Qaeda, who were allowed to train and plan the Sept 11th operations out of Afghanistan and who declared war on the USA.
Therefore the overthrow of the Taliban in Afghanistan, in my view, was legitimate.
Hey we can agree on somethings. I'm still undecided on Iraq. I definitely support the troops, but not sure if this was the right country.

Bikerman2004 said:
Can you be a little more specific on whose a coward?

A coward is a person who shouts about going to war - who denigrates his military colleagues - who waffles on about war, while spending his time posting opinions on a website.
That's a coward.

This will be my last post because I have other pressing matters like my practice to worry about.
Yeah that’s why I see this all day at the bottom of the Soapbox page. Tell me, getting opinions from your “patients” on these matters..?…zapper, Bikerman2004 , Dr. Duk, limerickman, Weisse Luft

I can see it now..Uh, hold on there mr.Jones, if you could just turn and cough while I answer this post….Talk about Goldbrick…no wonder medical costs are so expensive…

zapper said:
Yes, especially those cowards who crunch numbers for a living, show complete disgust for a particular people and have never served a day in their life in the military...Bravo limerickman, your self-character assasination is refreshing...

You hid behind your non de jour and spout abuse about your fellow military colleagues.
You abuse your fellow posters who disagree with your view.

I try to give your points of view some consideration but it clear that fundamentally you have zero respect for the views of anyone else here.
I tried to give you some latitude in the expectation that perhaps, you might
moderate your views.
But you insist on insulting your military colleagues and in that respect, this
proves to me that not only are you a liar but fundamentally you have no respect for people who serve/don't not serve.

If you do serve in the military - it is very worrying on a number of counts.
If what you have posted is your sincere opinion of your colleagues, then I think the US military have a problem on their hands.

limerickman said:
You hid behind your non de jour and spout abuse about your fellow military colleagues. You abuse your fellow posters who disagree with your view.
You don't have a clue, now do you? I have a problem when my "so called" military colleagues accuse the troops today of being mindless robotic uneducated pawns...Don't lecture me for you haven't a leg to stand on.

I try to give your points of view some consideration but it clear that fundamentally you have zero respect for the views of anyone else here.
I tried to give you some latitude in the expectation that perhaps, you might
moderate your views.
I don't need "latitude" from someone like you. You already lost your creditability with your reckless attack of a few weeks ago. I respected some of you opinions until then. So don't even attempt to come in here with your pompous attitude and attempt to place yourself on higher ground.

But you insist on insulting your military colleagues and in that respect, this proves to me that not only are you a liar but fundamentally you have no respect for people who serve/don't not serve.
What it proves is I have a real problem with people like you who try to equate casualties of war with the savage butchery in respect to the hostages. I have a real problem with posters who say they have served in days gone by and attack our current day military by somehow thinking that we are mindless robots. I don't belittle ones service of yesteryear, but when they try to apply draw comparisons in respect to Vietnam and GWOT...then, Yes, that bugs me. I would think that Vietnam veterans would feel the same way if WWII Vets would make the same remarks about their service..Different conflict, different times...

If you do serve in the military - it is very worrying on a number of counts. If what you have posted is your sincere opinion of your colleagues, then I think the US military have a problem on their hands.
Quite the contrary, I am defending my colleagues you knucklehead...Who and the hell are you trying to fool?..YOU have maintained that the U.S. Military is the devil and are bumbling clods busy murdering thousands of innocent people since you started posting here..So, kindly come back down to earth...you coward!

See we can disagree with our "colleagues". Here Col. Oliver North does...Call him a coward too Limerick(I've never seen a day of service)man? The men mentioned here who suffered from Kerry's LIES...If you refer to me disrespecting this "colleague"...I will agree with you. He does not deserve my respect....p.s. I'm sorry this post is so long...

"Of course, the president keeps telling people he would never question my service to our country. Instead, he watches as a Republican-funded attack group does just that. Well, if he wants to have a debate about our service in Vietnam, here is my answer: 'Bring it on.'" -- Sen. John Kerry

Dear John,

As usual, you have it wrong. You don't have a beef with President George Bush about your war record. He's been exceedingly generous about your military service. Your complaint is with the 2.5 million of us who served honorably in a war that ended 29 years ago and which you, not the president, made the centerpiece of this campaign.

I talk to a lot of vets, John, and this really isn't about your medals or how you got them. Like you, I have a Silver Star and a Bronze Star. I only have two Purple Hearts, though. I turned down the others so that I could stay with the Marines in my rifle platoon. But I think you might agree with me, though I've never heard you say it, that the officers always got more medals than they earned and the youngsters we led never got as many medals as they deserved.

This really isn't about how early you came home from that war, either, John. There have always been guys in every war who want to go home. There are also lots of guys, like those in my rifle platoon in Vietnam, who did a full 13 months in the field. And there are, thankfully, lots of young Americans today in Iraq and Afghanistan who volunteered to return to war because, as one of them told me in Ramadi a few weeks ago, "the job isn't finished."

Nor is this about whether you were in Cambodia on Christmas Eve, 1968. Heck John, people get lost going on vacation. If you got lost, just say so. Your campaign has admitted that you now know that you really weren't in Cambodia that night and that Richard Nixon wasn't really president when you thought he was. Now would be a good time to explain to us how you could have all that bogus stuff "seared" into your memory -- especially since you want to have your finger on our nation's nuclear trigger.

But that's not really the problem, either. The trouble you're having, John, isn't about your medals or coming home early or getting lost -- or even Richard Nixon. The issue is what you did to us when you came home, John.

When you got home, you co-founded Vietnam Veterans Against the War and wrote "The New Soldier," which denounced those of us who served -- and were still serving -- on the battlefields of a thankless war. Worst of all, John, you then accused me -- and all of us who served in Vietnam -- of committing terrible crimes and atrocities.

On April 22, 1971, under oath, you told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee that you had knowledge that American troops "had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the country side of South Vietnam." And you admitted on television that "yes, yes, I committed the same kind of atrocities as thousands of other soldiers have committed."

And for good measure you stated, "(America is) more guilty than any other body, of violations of (the) Geneva Conventions ... the torture of prisoners, the killing of prisoners."

Your "antiwar" statements and activities were painful for those of us carrying the scars of Vietnam and trying to move on with our lives. And for those who were still there, it was even more hurtful. But those who suffered the most from what you said and did were the hundreds of American prisoners of war being held by Hanoi. Here's what some of them endured because of you, John:

Capt. James Warner had already spent four years in Vietnamese custody when he was handed a copy of your testimony by his captors. Warner says that for his captors, your statements "were proof I deserved to be punished." He wasn't released until March 14, 1973.

Maj. Kenneth Cordier, an Air Force pilot who was in Vietnamese custody for 2,284 days, says his captors "repeated incessantly" your one-liner about being "the last man to die" for a lost cause. Cordier was released March 4, 1973.

Navy Lt. Paul Galanti says your accusations "were as demoralizing as solitary (confinement) ... and a prime reason the war dragged on." He remained in North Vietnamese hands until February 12, 1973.

John, did you think they would forget? When Tim Russert asked about your claim that you and others in Vietnam committed "atrocities," instead of standing by your sworn testimony, you confessed that your words "were a bit over the top." Does that mean you lied under oath? Or does it mean you are a war criminal? You can't have this one both ways, John. Either way, you're not fit to be a prison guard at Abu Ghraib, much less commander in chief.

One last thing, John. In 1988, Jane Fonda said: "I would like to say something ... to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused to deepen because of things that I said or did. I was trying to help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless and careless about it and I'm ... very sorry that I hurt them. And I want to apologize to them and their families."

Even Jane Fonda apologized. Will you, John?

zapper said:
You don't have a clue, now do you? I have a problem when my "so called" military colleagues accuse the troops today of being mindless robotic uneducated pawns...Don't lecture me for you haven't a leg to stand on.

I have never seen an post where David or Dr Duk referred to todays tropps in the terms that you have tried to apply to them above.
So once again, you're the one who is lying here Zapper.

QUOTE=zapper]
I don't need "latitude" from someone like you. You already lost your creditability with your reckless attack of a few weeks ago. I respected some of you opinions until then. So don't even attempt to come in here with your pompous attitude and attempt to place yourself on higher ground.
[/QUOTE]

Whether you need latitude from me or not - isn't the question.
I have watched your replies closely and you have shown total disrespect to your predecessors in the military (Dr Duk and David).
Your views are your views - but they're still disrespectful and fall in to line with the tone of the views that you have expressed from day one on the Forum when you attempted to **** off anyone who disagreed with you.
Again, I hope your military colleagues, if they find themselves in a corner aren't dependent upon you to back them up, 'cause you certainly show distinct signs of having zero respect for your fellow military personnel here.

QUOTE=zapper]
What it proves is I have a real problem with people like you who try to equate casualties of war with the savage butchery in respect to the hostages. I have a real problem with posters who say they have served in days gone by and attack our current day military by somehow thinking that we are mindless robots. I don't belittle ones service of yesteryear, but when they try to apply draw comparisons in respect to Vietnam and GWOT...then, Yes, that bugs me. I would think that Vietnam veterans would feel the same way if WWII Vets would make the same remarks about their service..Different conflict, different times...
[/QUOTE]

Yes I do equate an American death - with an Iraqi death.
All death is equal in this particualr conflict.

And you do belittle your colleagues of yesterday.
Your colleagues fought in Korea and Vietnam because a force invaded those countries.
Unlike Iraq.
It was American who invaded Iraq.
Bit ironic - knucklehead, isn't it ?

QUOTE=zapper]
Quite the contrary, I am defending my colleagues you knucklehead...Who and the hell are you trying to fool?..YOU have maintained that the U.S. Military is the devil and are bumbling clods busy murdering thousands of innocent people since you started posting here..So, kindly come back down to earth...you coward![/QUOTE]

Thousands of Iraqi's have died - fact.
A thousand US soldiers have died - fact.
And for what ?
WMD that were never there.

limerickman said:
I have never seen an post where David or Dr Duk referred to todays tropps in the terms that you have tried to apply to them above.
So once again, you're the one who is lying here Zapper.
Poor limerickman, always wrong…How very sad. Just a couple of quick examples, just like being coy about their political affiliation, you have to read into what they say…

Peabody -Are you talking about the "plastic turkey" visit? Out troops can’t identify sincerty?

An Email from a Captain in Iraq

We knew there was a dinner planned with ambassador Bremer and LTG Sanchez. There were 600 seats available and all the units in the division were tasked with filling a few tables. Naturally, the 501st MI battalion got our table. Soldiers were grumbling about having to sit through another dog-and-pony show, so we had to pick soldiers to attend. I chose not to go.

But, about 1500 the G2, LTC Devan, came up to me and with a smile, asked me to come to dinner with him, to meet him in his office at 1600 and bring a camera. I didn't really care about getting a picture with Sanchez or Bremer, but when the division's senior intelligence officer asks you to go, you go. We were seated in the chow hall, fully decorated for thanksgiving when aaaaallllll kinds of secret service guys showed up.

That was my first clue, because Bremer's been here before and his personal security detachment is not that big. Then BG Dempsey got up to speak, and he welcomed ambassador Bremer and LTG Sanchez. Bremer thanked us all and pulled out a piece of paper as if to give a speech. He mentioned that the President had given him this thanksgiving speech to give to the troops. He then paused and said that the senior man present should be the one to give it. He then looked at Sanchez, who just smiled.

Bremer then said that we should probably get someone more senior to read the speech. Then, from behind the camouflage netting, the President of the United States came around. The mess hall actually erupted with hollering. Troops bounded to their feet with shocked smiles and just began cheering with all their hearts. The building actually shook. It was just unreal. I was absolutely stunned. Not only for the obvious, but also because I was only two tables away from the podium. There he stood, less than thirty feet away from me! The cheering went on and on and on.

Soldiers were hollering, cheering, and a lot of them were crying. There was not a dry eye at my table. When he stepped up to the cheering, I could clearly see tears running down his cheeks. It was the most surreal moment I've had in years. Not since my wedding and Aaron being born. Here was this man, our President, came all the way around the world, spending 17 hours on an airplane and landing in the most dangerous airport in the world, where a plane was shot out of the sky not six days before.

Just to spend two hours with his troops. Only to get on a plane and spend another 17 hours flying back. It was a great moment, and I will never forget it. He delivered his speech, which we all loved, when he looked right at me and held his eyes on me. Then he stepped down and was just mobbed by the soldiers. He slowly worked his way all the way around the chow hall and shook every last hand extended. Every soldier who wanted a photo with the President got one. I made my way through the line, got dinner, then wolfed it down as he was still working the room.

You could tell he was really enjoying himself. It wasn't just a photo opportunity. This man was actually enjoying himself! He worked his way over the course of about 90 minutes towards my side of the room. Meanwhile, I took the opportunity to shake a few hands. I got a picture with Ambassador Bremer, Talabani (acting Iraqi president) and Achmed Chalabi (another member of the ruling council) and Condaleeza Rice, who was there with him.

I felt like I was drunk. He was getting closer to my table so I went back over to my seat. As he passed and posed for photos, he looked my in the eye and "How you doin', captain." I smiled and said "God bless you, sir." To which he responded "I'm proud of what you do, captain." Then moved on.
Dr. Duk -.” They want a robot. Most military people are trained for one purpose and that is for combat.”

Whether you need latitude from me or not - isn't the question.
I have watched your replies closely and you have shown total disrespect to your predecessors in the military (Dr Duk and David).
Hey genius, just because one served doesn’t make one a collegue…There are plenty of “colegues” that are kicked out of the armed services everyday. But you wouldn’t know that because you sit behind that desk of yours and have never seen war.

Again, I hope your military colleagues, if they find themselves in a corner aren't dependent upon you to back them up, 'cause you certainly show distinct signs of having zero respect for your fellow military personnel here.
Once again, this shows your inexperience in the matter..You don’t have to love your “collegue” just keep their ass from being killed and making sure he are she makes it back home.

[/quote]And you do belittle your colleagues of yesterday.
Your colleagues fought in Korea and Vietnam because a force invaded those countries.
Unlike Iraq.
Bit ironic - knucklehead, isn't it ?[/quote] Look you numbskull, I had family who served in Korea and Iraq was invaded by a brutal dictator who was occupying the country before we came in and removed him. Geez are you really that thick????

zapper said:
Poor limerickman, always wrong…How very sad. Just a couple of quick examples, just like being coy about their political affiliation, you have to read into what they say…

Peabody -Are you talking about the "plastic turkey" visit? Out troops can’t identify sincerty?

An Email from a Captain in Iraq

We knew there was a dinner planned with ambassador Bremer and LTG Sanchez. There were 600 seats available and all the units in the division were tasked with filling a few tables. Naturally, the 501st MI battalion got our table. Soldiers were grumbling about having to sit through another dog-and-pony show, so we had to pick soldiers to attend. I chose not to go.

But, about 1500 the G2, LTC Devan, came up to me and with a smile, asked me to come to dinner with him, to meet him in his office at 1600 and bring a camera. I didn't really care about getting a picture with Sanchez or Bremer, but when the division's senior intelligence officer asks you to go, you go. We were seated in the chow hall, fully decorated for thanksgiving when aaaaallllll kinds of secret service guys showed up.

That was my first clue, because Bremer's been here before and his personal security detachment is not that big. Then BG Dempsey got up to speak, and he welcomed ambassador Bremer and LTG Sanchez. Bremer thanked us all and pulled out a piece of paper as if to give a speech. He mentioned that the President had given him this thanksgiving speech to give to the troops. He then paused and said that the senior man present should be the one to give it. He then looked at Sanchez, who just smiled.

Bremer then said that we should probably get someone more senior to read the speech. Then, from behind the camouflage netting, the President of the United States came around. The mess hall actually erupted with hollering. Troops bounded to their feet with shocked smiles and just began cheering with all their hearts. The building actually shook. It was just unreal. I was absolutely stunned. Not only for the obvious, but also because I was only two tables away from the podium. There he stood, less than thirty feet away from me! The cheering went on and on and on.

Soldiers were hollering, cheering, and a lot of them were crying. There was not a dry eye at my table. When he stepped up to the cheering, I could clearly see tears running down his cheeks. It was the most surreal moment I've had in years. Not since my wedding and Aaron being born. Here was this man, our President, came all the way around the world, spending 17 hours on an airplane and landing in the most dangerous airport in the world, where a plane was shot out of the sky not six days before.

Just to spend two hours with his troops. Only to get on a plane and spend another 17 hours flying back. It was a great moment, and I will never forget it. He delivered his speech, which we all loved, when he looked right at me and held his eyes on me. Then he stepped down and was just mobbed by the soldiers. He slowly worked his way all the way around the chow hall and shook every last hand extended. Every soldier who wanted a photo with the President got one. I made my way through the line, got dinner, then wolfed it down as he was still working the room.

You could tell he was really enjoying himself. It wasn't just a photo opportunity. This man was actually enjoying himself! He worked his way over the course of about 90 minutes towards my side of the room. Meanwhile, I took the opportunity to shake a few hands. I got a picture with Ambassador Bremer, Talabani (acting Iraqi president) and Achmed Chalabi (another member of the ruling council) and Condaleeza Rice, who was there with him.

I felt like I was drunk. He was getting closer to my table so I went back over to my seat. As he passed and posed for photos, he looked my in the eye and "How you doin', captain." I smiled and said "God bless you, sir." To which he responded "I'm proud of what you do, captain." Then moved on.
Dr. Duk -.” They want a robot. Most military people are trained for one purpose and that is for combat.”

Hey genius, just because one served doesn’t make one a collegue…There are plenty of “colegues” that are kicked out of the armed services everyday. But you wouldn’t know that because you sit behind that desk of yours and have never seen war.

Once again, this shows your inexperience in the matter..You don’t have to love your “collegue” just keep their ass from being killed and making sure he are she makes it back home.
And you do belittle your colleagues of yesterday.
Unlike Iraq.
Bit ironic - knucklehead, isn't it ?[/quote] Look you numbskull, I had family who served in Korea and Iraq was invaded by a brutal dictator who was occupying the country before we came in and removed him. Geez are you really that thick????[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the note from the captain. I had forgotten what that day was like. :)

Bikerman2004 said:
I buy that reasoning from Lokstah, but not for DavidMC. Lokstah will actually have a intelligent discussion with us 'less liberal' folk. MC will just regurgitate the same old tired rhetoric over and over.
By less liberal do you mean republican. If i was'nt accused of the same party affiliation, on countless occasions, so as to paint me as something i'm not; (by the same person, over & over & over, ect...) maybe i would'nt have to repeat myself. Maybe he is incapable of counting higher than two. I would like to think thats not the case but his repetitive assertions(e.g.- if you're not republican you must be democrat) would indicate otherwise. It's as if it's a noble act to affiliate ones self w/ one of those two parties. I contend it is not a noble & wise gesture to say: look at me I joined one of the "one size fits all" parties, aren't i smart. Get it? Can i make it any plainer than that?

Bikerman2004 said:
I could care less what anybody did during Vietnam. It was over 30 years ago. Vietnam was screwed up. We had politicians running the war, not the military.

And can we stop with the 'why aren't the Bush daughters in the military serving in Iraq'? If we want to follow this logic....Kerry voted for the use of force, why don't you demand the Kerry kids go to Iraq? As well as all kids of those who voted for the use of force.
Helloooo, the military is given it's orders by politicians. Has it ever been otherwise, in this country? The military merely carries out the wishes of the civilian leadership. Of course vietnam was run by politicians. The framers had grave misgivings about having any "standing armies" in our country. They were seen as a possible danger to liberty. England had the same dilemma. Having a standing army, for no reason, is a modern phenomenon, adopted because of advances in transportation(railroad, ships, aircraft) making a foriegn invasion more plausable. Read your history.