Bush or Kerry or ???

Discussion in 'Your Bloody Soap Box' started by lisan, May 7, 2004.

1. Bikerman2004

Bikerman2004 New Member

To tell you the truth I couldn't until his Post#1557. I will definitely take it into account. The crap that people post has gotten out of hand.
    What happened to the civility on this board? What kind of a discussion can there be that devolves into name calling. It is one thing for remarks that are meant in jest, but most of these are not. Perhaps some have no logical or well thought arguments to make, so they resort to petty name calling.

2. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

I agree.
    Some of the stuff here is personalised.
    There is no civil exchange of views.
    It is labelling people and using derogatory terms.

3. FredC

FredC New Member

There's bloody millions of them. Six steps to the bar, and six back to the seat. Now tell that Pikeyman2004 we like a bit of fun, and our friendly fire never killed anyone.

4. szbert

szbert New Member

Bikerman, aka der Fuhrer has spoken.
    Bikerman has issued the decree that freedom of speech and thought is only allowed under his guidelines.
    We must report everyone who displeases bikerman to the proper authorities. There will be no exceptions.

Brown shirts with twin lightning bolts will be issued to all those who assist in this effort.

Sig Heil!
    :rolleyes:

I'll bet that puts the two JEW HATERS, limmerpuke and freddypuke in a real quandry. Should they turn themselves in?

:cool:

5. Weisse Luft

Weisse Luft New Member

No, IP can be quite static, especially if one goes though a few ISP's. If you hop around on WiFi at coffee houses, there still are ways.

And yes, one must be registered here to post. And specific IP's, MAC addresses and other filtering methods can detect spoofing.

6. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

I would suggest that most people posting here (given the frequency of their posts) are posting from one PC ?

Or else they're clocking up massive hours in their local internet cafe.

7. FredC

FredC New Member

Good Lord, Surely you're not suggesting these are homeless people with dogs selling The Big Issue?

8. Weisse Luft

Weisse Luft New Member

WiFi is widespread in many areas. I can get reliable connection on my laptop at the local coffee shop, on my lunch hour or at home. Yes, there is even WiFi at WORK!

Then there are those people who set up wireless networks and don't properly secure them and driving through a neighborhood with laptop and good antennas...

9. FredC

FredC New Member

Hey listen Paddy, You are supposed to be onside on this one. Geddit.

10. copwatch

copwatch New Member

This is sick. We just asked Stephen, the admin, to remove the stupid rating system, and this nutcase "Bikerman2004" wants to report all thought he finds offensive.
    I don't like anti-jewish or racist remarks either, but I'll be danged if you should 'report' people because you don't like their thoughts or words. Who died and left you God?

Seems to me a few people are at extreme ends here. They can argue, call each other names or ignore each other. Some folks also obviously engage in trash talk because they find it fun - or simply have run out of things to say. That's their business. You could ignore it.

All in all, this board is really well run, with little or no heavy handed interference (thankfully!). If you want a politically correct board, go to AOL and leave FredC, Limmerickman, szbert and everyone else alone. They're not harming anyone with their thoughts or words.

Personally, I don't agree with a lot of the politcal fights in the Soap Box, but I see the same folks in the other cycling threads giving friendly advice, sharing experiences, and generally being folks I wouldn't mind riding with.

As long as this type of debate is kept in the Soap Box, it's not a problem. We don't need thought police here.

OK, that's my rant for the evening.

11. copwatch

copwatch New Member

We have free wifi in lot's of places here. Restaurants, coffee shops, etc. Gives me something productive to do while my wife is shopping:)

12. FredC

FredC New Member

Well done my man for your constructive effort in saving a bit of fun for some of us. Your efforts are much appreciated. pokerpete Thank you again.

13. limerickman

limerickman Moderator

So it's a free for all - everything is back on the table ?
    We can slag each other off as much as we like and everyone is agreeable to
    this ?

No sacred cows - everything and anything is fair game, is it ?

14. jhuskey

jhuskey Moderator

Still the economic factor remains. How will we split the money.
    That may always be a wedge between us until there is more than enough for everyone. However how much is that? But I hope you are right.
    There is always someone bigger and meaner,smarter with a faster car a better computer or a bigger bomb.
    I certainly hope we are being watched over by a higher power, because we as a specie are incompetent .

15. FredC

FredC New Member

If that is tongue in cheek, then I'm afraid it will be lost in the general context to the Clampetts.

16. FredC

FredC New Member

That's a feckin daft question to ask me says pokerpete!! DH and DD love my stuff, and most of the board take it with fun. Don't forget that we are ROI and GB. Different sense of humour from the pond life. Let's see what happens. Velogal lasted 11. What vanity!

17. davidmc

davidmc New Member

O.k, i thought you were talking about americans as enemies (such as people who don't pull the lever w/ the big "(R)" on it). If you were talking about terrorists, thats diff. Nixon had a list of his american enemies & we all know what happened to him. I don't think anybody's immune from an attack, except for maybe cheney, who has been at one "undisclosed location" or another, for the last couple of years :rolleyes: . I do like liddy, although he had no regard for the law, at least back then, which is req'd for a sitting pres. He is, more than likely, law abiding now but he is too old. As an aside, the federal authorities (fbi, cia, military, ect...) will go on doing their job regardless of who wins the election. It's not only in the nations interest, but it is in their own interest.

18. MountainPro

MountainPro New Member

Bush claims that he wants to be President because it’s in the best interest of national security. The opposite is actually true. The recent stunt by Bin Laden scared the hell out of a lot of potential Kerry voters who have now decided that Bush is the only man to defend the US. This may be true. Bush is an aggressive little dick and will deploy forces as necessary to defend the US and her interests.

I can’t argue with that reasoning.

The only problem is that if Bush gets in, which seems likely now because not all the votes are counted and he holds Florida, he will incite further attacks against the US which would not necessarily happen under a regime change, i.e. if Kerry gets into office. A regime is how Al Qaeda sees the Bush administration.

Bin Laden wants Bush in office. His little stunt has worked and proves that intimidation works in the US. Now the gateway is open for ‘Armageddon’.

Thanks Bush.

19. davidmc

davidmc New Member

True, if that "sawed off cowboy wannabe" get's reelected, bin-laden has won. Bush has no, i repeat no, record of accomplishments to have won him reelection. His & his daddy's direct link to saudi oil interest's, bin-laden's homeland BTW, makes him complicit in the whole affair. He is the instigator of the whole affair. His oil intrest's, his whoreing out to buisiness- any giveaways they want & his family's intimate relationship w/ the bin-laden family, over the year's. If he wins the election it will lower my opinion of my fellow citizens (the electorate), except for a couple in the thread who have already free falled to the point of no return. I had high hopes for the american public but if they reelect this dope, they deserve everything they get.

20. Bikerman2004

Bikerman2004 New Member

Posting Jewish remarks has nothing to do with political correctness. It is wrong and you know it. What purpose do these remarks serve. I do find much of FredC'c comments funny less the Jewish remarks.
    Did someone die and make me God? No. I've been God for as long as I can remember.
    Copwatch you can screw off. It is ironic that you would tolerate anti-jewish remarks.