Bush Plans Iran Invasion

limerickman said:
I like the Fr Jack avatar !
Feck !
Cheers..
FredC said:
Must say that I like the atavar of Father Jack, but what happened to Feck.
Gettin' windy. Now say a dozen rosaries whilst kneeling in the brambles.
Where's the bloody sauce dispenser? Right so, make that two dozen, and sing the tridentine mass in latin. Burns neet an' a raise a dram t' ye.
Feck, Drink, Girls...got is sorted.

In Merkia, a poll was taken yesterday to ask what people were doing to celebrate Burns' day....something like 51% though it pertained to Mr Burns, a character on the Simpsons.

51%...where have i heard that percentage before....?

high tech weaponry...jeezez, its a wonder they can stand up straight.

MountainPro said:
Cheers..

Feck, Drink, Girls...got is sorted.

In Merkia, a poll was taken yesterday to ask what people were doing to celebrate Burns' day....something like 51% though it pertained to Mr Burns, a character on the Simpsons.

So please enlighten us all as to the relationship of the knowledge of Scottish Culture and the ability to stand erect and high tech weaponry.
I submit that I am too ignorant to divine the logic so please help me.

jhuskey said:
So please enlighten us all as to the relationship of the knowledge of Scottish Culture and the ability to stand erect and high tech weaponry.
I submit that I am too ignorant to divine the logic so please help me.
Zap Boy stated that the weapons used by the Merkins in the Kosovo war were too high tech for the soldiers to use. Indeed, one soldier actually forgot how to change a set of batteries. I just thought that if something that mentally taxing was beyond the averge GI then perhaps the something as simple as standing up straight would prove similarly perplexing.

MountainPro said:
Zap Boy stated that the weapons used by the Merkins in the Kosovo war were too high tech for the soldiers to use. Indeed, one soldier actually forgot how to change a set of batteries. I just thought that if something that mentally taxing was beyond the averge GI then perhaps the something as simple as standing up straight would prove similarly perplexing.

I just couldn't decipher the relationship between the poll you were referring to and the other subject matter. But I guess I understand what you are getting at.
I think Zap said the soldier forgot to recalibrate his GPS after changing the batteries. Perhaps a more complex procedure that just changing the batteries but just as fatal a mistake.

FredC said:
Well at least that was a positive, practical, and rational appraisal between yourself and Lim, I thought it better for me to watch the development of the documented historical facts. Previously I have, and so has Lim tried many times before to pursue this matter, only to be jeopardised by shouts of Anti-Semites because a few, not many, took this unfounded and ignorant stance. ergo. I was expecting the chief Shofah Blower aka General White Featherstein to pick up the rams horn and blow at Jericho. He never answers anything relevant, I asked him to explain the murder of British and allied Soldiers during the time of the Haganah, Irgun, Stern gang, and the Zionist Likud Party, when allied troops were trying to document and integrate displaced Jews in an orderly method.
So get on with the next chapter in the dialogue.
Now I don't speak German, well not enough, but I would guess that General White Featherstein is a half -breed, is that a mischlinge?
Well done.
Actually the gangs started operating because the Jews thought the British were not opening up immigration. The creation of Israel raises many controversial points. How many other countries were created by uprooting the native population? Ok. The US, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada come to mind.
To be fair both the Israelis and Palestinians have valid points. The Palestinians ask why are you kicking us out of our homes that we've lived in for hundreds and hundreds of years? The Israelis can claim that they were promised this land. They then point to Balfour, Mandate for Palestine, and the UN.
I agree that the way the Palestinians were treated, when Israel was created,
was wrong. I'm also rational enough to realize that Israel is not going to go away. Much like the Peel Commission determined, I also think the situation will remain unresolveable.

Bikerman2004 said:
The Israelis can claim that they were promised this land. They then point to Balfour, Mandate for Palestine, and the UN.
I agree that the way the Palestinians were treated, when Israel was created,
was wrong. I'm also rational enough to realize that Israel is not going to go away. Much like the Peel Commission determined, I also think the situation will remain unresolveable.

Hmm.
You need to be clear - Jews claim that they're promised this land.
What is the basis of that claim.
The Bible ?

I don't think the Bible would suffice as a property deed in a court of law.

MountainPro said:
Cheers..

Aye, Robert "Rabbie" Burns, 'ould mean nothin' to them Americans.
But I can see your correlation between Simpsons and said question.
51% would underscore the perception that they know nowt.

MountainPro said:
Hey Prozac, if you are going to quote me… do it right will ya? I think the problem is that my example was too intricate for your low tech mind to comprehend. I was merely illustrating how deadly our high tech weaponry is and how a mistake can be more disastrous exponentially than with older less powerful and less complicated weaponry…Just a little advise, in the future, when making a point make sure that you understand what you are saying… I know that if you fail to take your medication in a timely manner in may limit your ability to make sense…. Rest assured I always take that in consideration prior to replying to you… :D

limerickman said:
Hmm.
The Bible ?

Lim, I have you all wrong...after reading the history of this argument between you and biker I no longer think you are the travelocity gnome...I believe you are actually the "flim-flam man" your slight of hand is obvious in all of your dicussions. When you are proven wrong, you pull the ole shell game out again.. What's the matter...google down? :rolleyes:

limerickman said:
Hmm.
The Bible ?

Didn't mention the Bible. Did mention the Balfour Declaration, The League of Nations Mandate for Palestine, the UN Partition. Armed with these they can claim they were promised a homeland.

Bikerman2004 said:
Didn't mention the Bible. Did mention the Balfour Declaration, The League of Nations Mandate for Palestine, the UN Partition. Armed with these they can claim they were promised a homeland.

Walter Lacquer "History of Zionism" :

"The move to create a homeland from the Jewish people had been discussed many times since the late 19th century.
The concept of a Jewish nation came about because the Jewish people had suffered terribly, at the hands of many nations, throughout history.

Balfours Declaration in 1917 was amended several times before publication.
In the initial draft, Arthur James Balfour suggested Britain's declaration should contain a broad reference to endorsing the concept of a Jewish homeland.
No specific location was to mentioned because Balfour (and Britain) were prepared to consider Argentina and Palestine as suitable locations for a Jewish State.
However, Jewish influence, primarily through it's financial helpto England during the First World War, persuaded the British goverment to amend the proposed to Declaration and to insert the wording to specify Palestine as a location and to omit Argentina as a location.
The amended draft document was thus declared in 1917".

limerickman said:
Walter Lacquer "History of Zionism" :

"The move to create a homeland from the Jewish people had been discussed many times since the late 19th century.
The concept of a Jewish nation came about because the Jewish people had suffered terribly, at the hands of many nations, throughout history.

Balfours Declaration in 1917 was amended several times before publication.
In the initial draft, Arthur James Balfour suggested Britain's declaration should contain a broad reference to endorsing the concept of a Jewish homeland.
No specific location was to mentioned because Balfour (and Britain) were prepared to consider Argentina and Palestine as suitable locations for a Jewish State.
However, Jewish influence, primarily through it's financial helpto England during the First World War, persuaded the British goverment to amend the proposed to Declaration and to insert the wording to specify Palestine as a location and to omit Argentina as a location.
The amended draft document was thus declared in 1917".
So therefore the Balfour Declaration specifically stated Palestine as the homeland. Whether Arthur Balfour was for Argentina or Palestine is a mute point. The argument is whether the Balfour Declaration made mention of any other place other than Palestine. The answer to that is no.

Bikerman2004 said:
So therefore the Balfour Declaration specifically stated Palestine as the homeland. Whether Arthur Balfour was for Argentina or Palestine is a mute point. The argument is whether the Balfour Declaration made mention of any other place other than Palestine. The answer to that is no.

The point that I have made throughout is that the property illegally occupied by the Jews since 1948 - is that, illegal.
They hold no deeds to the property they stole and now occupy.

Essentially, Balfour's declaration, UN's declaration, League of Nations declaration are legally, meaningless.
None of the above pronouncements declare the transfer of property deeds to the Jews.

Now as you're supportive of the creation of the Jewish State and the Zionist Cause - please provide us with copies of the property deeds to the lands stolen by the Jews in 1948.

Bikerman2004 said:

That should read, moot point and not a mute point.

limerickman said:
The point that I have made throughout is that the property illegally occupied by the Jews since 1948 - is that, illegal.
They hold no deeds to the property they stole and now occupy.

Essentially, Balfour's declaration, UN's declaration, League of Nations declaration are legally, meaningless.
None of the above pronouncements declare the transfer of property deeds to the Jews.

Now as you're supportive of the creation of the Jewish State and the Zionist Cause - please provide us with copies of the property deeds to the lands stolen by the Jews in 1948.
Please provide proof of my support of the creation of Israel. I don't believe I've stated I support the Zionist cause. I stated that the premise that the Balfour Declaration included Argentina and Palestine was false.
The only resolution to the problem would be for Israel to cease to exist. You and I both know that is not going to happen.

MountainPro said:
Breaking news...

should have changed those batteries a bit quicker...

13 shot down by themselves....13!!!!
Sad news..but the problem has nothing to do with batteries numbskull...Sand and HELO's don't mix. Been a problem for a long time. As I recall we lost several in an attempt to rescue hostages back in 78 or 79...Sadly, it's going to happen.

I bet you are very good a changing batteries though...Just don't let your wife find it in your drawer.... :eek:

Bikerman2004 said:
Please provide proof of my support of the creation of Israel. I don't believe I've stated I support the Zionist cause. I stated that the premise that the Balfour Declaration included Argentina and Palestine was false.
The only resolution to the problem would be for Israel to cease to exist. You and I both know that is not going to happen.

You introduced the issue of legality in to this discussion.
You advocated that the Balfour Declaration, League of Nations, gives legal
backing to the creation of Israel and thus you have acknowledged the right of Israel to exist in Palestine.

I contend that none of these declarations have any legal bearing and that the right of Israel to exist in Palestine is not legally binding.

Can you show me proof of the transfer of property deeds from the Palestinians to the Jews who occupy Palestinian land in 1948 ?

limerickman said:
You introduced the issue of legality in to this discussion.
You advocated that the Balfour Declaration, League of Nations, gives legal
backing to the creation of Israel and thus you have acknowledged the right of Israel to exist in Palestine.

I contend that none of these declarations have any legal bearing and that the right of Israel to exist in Palestine is not legally binding.

Can you show me proof of the transfer of property deeds from the Palestinians to the Jews who occupy Palestinian land in 1948 ?
I was just stating where each side gets its arguments. Never stated anything about legality. I stated that the Jews used the declaration, League of Nations, and the UN as their claim. At no point did I ever state they were legal claims.

I was reading last night about the conflict between the Jews and Romans when Jerusalem was attacked by Titus around 70 A.D. As I already mentioned, the Jews formed part of a Roman province in the Middle East.
Certainly then, the Jews were based on this same piece of land way before the Palestinians and Islam became a factor to bear in mind.
I don't really see why the Jews should severe their historical links in the Middle East to accommodate the Arabs and Islam - a belief system that never even existed in the first century A.D.
Also, given the number of Arab countries already based in the Middle East, it makes more sense to me to accommodate the Palestinians throughout these countries.
Much of the problem, of course, is linked to religion and culture. The whole history of Israel and Christianity is tied up in the Middle East. European and American Christians travel to Israel in order to experience this history for themselves. Moreover, being a deeply religious country, the U.S. also has a conception of preserving the history of Israel (the biblical land).
Realistically, I don't imagine Israel will ever abandon their present geographical location to accommodate the Arabs.
The militaristic stance Israel adopts is basically down to the reality of the situation after millions of Jews were murdered in the second world war.
The last point is that despite anti semitism in the world at the present time, Jewish influence is quite strong in American and European culture. Were it not for the Jews there would have been no Orthodoxy, Catholicism or European heritage. Western culture has mostly been influenced by Greek, Roman and Jewish cultural influences and all of these come way before Islam ever entered the scene.