Bush to pardon Clemens

<http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080214/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/
bba_clemens_pardon_17>

Well, I guess that's not totally unexpected-- after all, George knows
how it is when you can't tell the truth about your past drug use.

Asterisk, anyone? They're going to be popular accessories this Spring,
it looks like:

<http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080215/sp_nm/crime_baseball_bonds_dc_7>

What a great time to be Union! --D-y

This is sheer, grandstanding goofiness. Clemens hasn't been charged with
anything. There's nothing to pardon.

I've gotten used to the idea that everything in DC is political theater.
But decent theater should imitate something at least a little bit relevant.

On Feb 14, 11:51 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> <http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080214/ap_on_sp_ba_ne/
> bba_clemens_pardon_17>
>
> Well, I guess that's not totally unexpected-- after all, George knows
> how it is when you can't tell the truth about your past drug use.
>
> Asterisk, anyone? They're going to be popular accessories this Spring,
> it looks like:
>
> <http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080215/sp_nm/crime_baseball_bonds_dc_7>
>
> What a great time to be Union!  --D-y

You beat me to it, but there's a lot more detail here, and shows why
IMO it is a good possibility, and just about all that's wrong with
Washington, especially in this case the Republican folks.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7797440/McNamee's-lawyer-predicts-Clemens-pardon

They care about our kids, until one of their buddies is nailed, at
least. I've heard some lawyers here used by the Boston sports station
who are usually right on, and who don't like Clemens say that they
would be really hesitant, even now, with the current evidence to try
for perjury charges so it may not happen.

Bill C

On Feb 15, 7:42 am, Bill C wrote:

> http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7797440/McNamee's-lawyer-predicts-...
>
> They care about our kids, until one of their buddies is nailed, at
> least. I've heard some lawyers here used by the Boston sports station
> who are usually right on, and who don't like Clemens say that they
> would be really hesitant, even now, with the current evidence to try
> for perjury charges so it may not happen.

Quoted from above link:

"The Democrats are at fault for focusing on individual wrongdoing
instead of the validity of the Mitchell Report."

Ann Coulter couldn't have said it better.

Rush Limbaugh, either, even with all his experience, and
pharmaceutical assistance.

Well, maybe we'll see how much protection an outgoing prez and former
director of the CIA can actually provide, here.

Can Congress override a pardon? --D-y

On Feb 15, 10:10 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Feb 15, 7:42 am, Bill C  wrote:
>
> >http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7797440/McNamee's-lawyer-predicts-...

> > They care about our kids, until one of their buddies is nailed, at
> > least. I've heard some lawyers here used by the Boston sports station
> > who are usually right on, and who don't like Clemens say that they
> > would be really hesitant, even now, with the current evidence to try
> > for perjury charges so it may not happen.

> Quoted from above link:
>
> "The Democrats are at fault for focusing on individual wrongdoing
> instead of the validity of the Mitchell Report."
>
> Ann Coulter couldn't have said it better.
>
> Rush Limbaugh, either, even with all his experience, and
> pharmaceutical assistance.
>
> Well, maybe we'll see how much protection an outgoing prez and former
> director of the CIA can actually provide, here.
>
> Can Congress override a pardon?   --D-y

Doubt it. It's really funny. I've been listening to the hearings, for
the most part, and they started off with Chairman Waxman stating that
the only reason they were going to have this hearing was that Roger
Clemens had challenged Senator Mitchell's work and integrity, and that
they originally had planned just to issue a written wrap up on the
whole things until Clemens started his denials and attacks on
Mitchell.
Not real smart to attack someone that long serving and respected.
That would seem to make it clear that the only way to protect the
report and Mitchell would be to find the facts about Clemens, as well
as they could.
They could've just said, "Oh, Yeah we believe in Sen. Mitchell" and
leave Clemens to smear him, or they could, as they did challenge
Clemens to protect the integrity of the process and Mitchell. It's not
much of a surprise that the Republicans are taking this route here,
after all Mitchell wasn't one of theirs and Clemens is.
Oh, yeah they didn't say how to defend the report while leaving
Clemens ripping it.
To borrow a phrase from a famous Canadian who works in a modern
circus, Chris Jericho, "Assclowns!"
They've also decided that they need to spend the money to
investigate, fly, and stay wherever they need to to deal with
"spygate" too.
There's at least some rational for the baseball ****, but we obviously
don't need the money anywhere else, right.
Not here, nope:
http://www.recorder.com/story.cfm?id_no=4853812

Published: Friday, February 15, 2008

GREENFIELD -- In a 5-3 vote, the School Committee voted to approve the
superintendent's recommended emergency mid-year cuts, which will make
today the last day for 13 staff members at the Greenfield public
schools.

Bill C

I think Clemens belched and said "excuse me" and W gave him a pardon

williepoo wrote:

> I think Clemens belched and said "excuse me" and W gave him a pardon

What would he do if Clemens farted ?

On Feb 15, 12:41 pm, Donald Munro <[email protected]> wrote:
> williepoo wrote:
> > I think Clemens belched and said "excuse me" and W gave him a pardon

> What would he do if Clemens farted ?

I don't know about Georgie, but Oprama or Hillbilly would make him pay
a carbon tax.

In article <[email protected]>,
Fred Fredburger <[email protected]> wrote:

> This is sheer, grandstanding goofiness. Clemens hasn't been charged with
> anything. There's nothing to pardon.
>
> I've gotten used to the idea that everything in DC is political theater.
> But decent theater should imitate something at least a little bit relevant.

It is theater. Making theater relevant dilutes the product.
I will have an order of theater, hold the relevance.
It only hides the taste of the irony.
Bunch of time serving party clowns elbowing each other
out of the camera line. Baseball and drugs: plenty of
irrelevance, while well known and not so well known
numb-nuts predictably try to make themselves look good.
Total carnage.

--
Michael Press

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote: