Business Proposal - ride through bakery beside Yarra path

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by ghostgum, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. ghostgum

    ghostgum New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    I like apple scrolls, preferably fresh. The problem is that the only shops on my commute are inside shopping centres. They won't let you take your bike inside, and I'm not leaving it unlocked outside (leave one lock at home, one lock at work). So what I need is a ride through bakery beside the Yarra trail, to allow me to buy the fresh apple scroll without getting off the bike. Perhaps one of these take away vans could park on Yarra Boulevard of a morning and sell fresh bakery products.

    Tags:

  2. Bleve

    Bleve Guest

    ghostgum wrote:
    > I like apple scrolls, preferably fresh. The problem is that the only
    > shops on my commute are inside shopping centres. They won't let you
    > take your bike inside, and I'm not leaving it unlocked outside (leave
    > one lock at home, one lock at work). So what I need is a ride through
    > bakery beside the Yarra trail, to allow me to buy the fresh apple
    > scroll without getting off the bike. Perhaps one of these take away
    > vans could park on Yarra Boulevard of a morning and sell fresh bakery
    > products.

    I'll deliver for you, you happy with $50 a scroll? :)

  3. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    you could always go into town on the sth side of the river, grab a coffee and goodie at Café Kanteen, opposite the pier/crossing to Herring Island, Sth Yarra.

    There's an ol' archery Clubhouse in park near me, fully plumbed, toilets, lights, electricity about 30m off the Koonung Trail, near end of Balwyn Rd.
    Often dreamt of opening cafe/bike repair shop there.
    Or doing a far better job of the kiosk-thing at the Mordy turnaround point for 90% of 'bitch'roaders...

  4. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Tried detouring down to the Collingwood Childrens Farm? There's awesome little cafe down there now, how about a suggest about the product lines they're stocking?
    http://www.farmcafe.com.au/

    I had a little April Fools Day joke last year about a caffeine-fueled funding measure to get the PBN finally completed:
    http://cfsmtb.blogspot.com/2005/04/thwaites-announces-bicycle-funding.html

    :D :D :D :D

  5. rooman

    rooman New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 11, 2005
    Messages:
    1,167
    CCF is in a great place, shame they open at 10am weekdays tho...no brekky scrolls for commuters, unless they "get the message "on menu and times perhaps!!

  6. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Business opportunity - contact the Cafe and suggest to them about possibly opening earlier and catching passing trade!

  7. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700

    CCF? WTF???

    my gals lerv goin fishing at the end of the Mordy Pier cos if the fish aint bitin' they just produce the Manga-style doe-y eyes and scam all kinds wondrous foodage off the italian ol' guys. mmmmmm Saaallaaammiii :D