Busted XTR rear derailleur

Clyde

Guest
So I was just riding along, climbing a hill, when I hear this nasty
noise from the drive train. Look down to find my derailleur hanging from
the chain. Further investigation shows that the derailleur hanger has
spontaneously experienced catasrophic failure...bent, cracked, stripped
threads. Yikes! Strange since I haven't crashed in a while and don't
recall anything that would have mang'ed it so. Fortunately it was mostly
downhill to the car so I just removed the chain and coasted. Would have
been a PIA to make a singlespeed if I were remote.

Can I get spare parts for a short cage M952 rear deraillieur?
Specifically, I need the inside (spoke side) plate that connects the two
pulleys plus an upper pulley. Everything else seems ok.

Clyde said:
So I was just riding along, climbing a hill, when I hear this nasty
noise from the drive train. Look down to find my derailleur hanging from
the chain. Further investigation shows that the derailleur hanger has
spontaneously experienced catasrophic failure...bent, cracked, stripped
threads. Yikes! Strange since I haven't crashed in a while and don't
recall anything that would have mang'ed it so. Fortunately it was mostly
downhill to the car so I just removed the chain and coasted. Would have
been a PIA to make a singlespeed if I were remote.

Can I get spare parts for a short cage M952 rear deraillieur?
Specifically, I need the inside (spoke side) plate that connects the two
pulleys plus an upper pulley. Everything else seems ok.

go to http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/
click on Mountain Bike, then XTR(M950), GS is the one you're looking for, download exploded view and you'll find all available spare parts, together with the parts number for ordering

"Clyde" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:1gmevpi.zqtjx11e1llq8N%[email protected]...

> Can I get spare parts for a short cage M952 rear deraillieur?
> Specifically, I need the inside (spoke side) plate that connects the two
> pulleys plus an upper pulley. Everything else seems ok.

http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/index.phtml
look for product search and type RD-M952

The exploded view (PDF) will show an *** rated view of your derailer with al
the tiny sexy parts. Each part has a number and can be ordered at Shimanoa's
by your LBS.

bert

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu