Busybodies on Steroids

Seems like one of the more sensible things he's said.
How else do you propose we try to rid sport of the plague of doping?

Patricio Carlos wrote:

> Seems like one of the more sensible things he's said.

Well you're right -- LOL. That's a note of condemnation if there ever was one.

> How else do you propose we try to rid sport of the plague of doping?

Why do "we" need to do it? Why can't pro cycling take care of it on their own
dime? In any case, there would seem to be enough law written already. If
riders/teams commit fraud, then the NGB or riders association can sue.
Rulemaking and enforcement within pro cycling can push out violators.

But baseball are clearly not doing that. The punishments for dopers
there is an absolute joke. If the government (or someone with some
power) can at least put pressure on them to make decent penalties, that
is a start.

Cycling is doing a better job of trying to catch out the dopers than
baseball.

"gwhite" <[email protected]> a écrit dans le message de :
news:[email protected]...
> Patricio Carlos wrote:
>>

> Why do "we" need to do it? Why can't pro cycling take care of it on their
> own
> dime? In any case, there would seem to be enough law written already. If
> riders/teams commit fraud, then the NGB or riders association can sue.
> Rulemaking and enforcement within pro cycling can push out violators.

Lawbreaking is a police matter. Simple. But it's so much fun to be an
accuser, I guess human nature won't let it stay that simple.

"Big Brother", you may recall, required the participation of the citizenry -
in the book, in the USSR, still in other countries. If you remember
further, the accusations were often ways of deflecting attention from the
accuser. You know - pot, kettle, etc.
--
Sandy
Verneuil-sur-Seine FR

*******

La vie, c'est comme une bicyclette,
il faut avancer pour ne pas perdre l'équilibre.
-- Einstein, A.