But, Dr. Freud, at least my spell-checker understands.

Nigel Grinter

Guest
It's a bit of a slack time, cycling-wise, with most activity concentrated on the indoor trainer and
this doesn't stimulate much thought about cycling (or anything else for that matter). I was,
however, writing to a cycling friend who is thinking about buying a Colnago, not trying to put him
off or influence him in any way - I figure if he really wants one, then he'd probably better get one
or spend a long time finding fault with whatever he might choose instead. I just warned that, from
personal experience, when bikes get beyond a certain price point I can never really enjoy riding
them as I am always thinking about how much a crash would cost me. But I digress. The thing my
friend and I agree on is the inflated cost of Colnagos and I was amused to find that my
spell-checker wanted me to change 'Colnago' to 'coinage' - a wry comment on the same issue?.

Anyone else have examples of spellcheckers with an interest
in/knowledge of/opinion on cycling?

Nigel Grinter

"Nigel Grinter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It's a bit of a slack time, cycling-wise, with most activity concentrated on the indoor trainer
> and this doesn't stimulate much thought about cycling (or anything else for that matter). I was,
> however, writing to a cycling friend who is thinking about buying a Colnago, not trying to put him
> off or influence him in any way - I figure if he really wants one, then he'd probably better get
> one or spend a long time finding fault with whatever he might choose instead. I just warned that,
> from personal experience, when bikes get beyond a certain price point I can never really enjoy
> riding them as I am always thinking about how much a crash would cost me. But I digress. The thing
> my friend and I agree on is the inflated cost of Colnagos and I was amused to find that my
> spell-checker wanted me to change 'Colnago' to 'coinage' - a wry comment on the same issue?.
>
> Anyone else have examples of spellcheckers with an interest
> in/knowledge of/opinion on cycling?
>
> Nigel Grinter

Nothing for cycling but Word always wants to turn the philosopher Heidegger into Headgear. Funny to
me at least.

Rob Strickland Philosophy student and Touring cyclist (not always in that order)

"Robert Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Nigel Grinter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
snip
> > The thing my friend and I agree on is the inflated cost of Colnagos and I was amused to find
> > that my spell-checker wanted me to change 'Colnago' to 'coinage' - a wry comment on the same
> > issue?.
> >
> > Anyone else have examples of spellcheckers with an interest
> > in/knowledge of/opinion on cycling?
> >
> > Nigel Grinter
>
> Nothing for cycling but Word always wants to turn the philosopher Heidegger into Headgear. Funny
> to me at least.
>
> Rob Strickland Philosophy student and Touring cyclist (not always in that order)

Heidgger, eh? Haven't heard that name since Bruce's Philosophers Song:

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar, Hobbes was fond of his dram, René Descartes was a drunken
fart, "I drink therefore I am."

Where are you when we need you, Monty Python?

Nigel Grinter