butt pain... not just saddle soreness

MelloYello

Jun 2, 2004
I tried searching and I know all about adjusting seat hight, but my problem i think is a little different. I have no pain while riding, and none any other time... it only hurts while going #2. I dont know if there is any nicer way to word it. Its like ive made the inside of my butt sore, and when going to the bathroom it hurts. I just began riding about a month and a half ago. This just started happening.
I dont know if this is still a saddle problem. I am guessing it is, as I am still using the saddle that came on the bike (Giant OCR 2). I plan to upgrade to a more user friendly (one with a slit) soon.
I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem while having saddle soreness.

MelloYello said:
I tried searching and I know all about adjusting seat hight, but my problem i think is a little different. I have no pain while riding, and none any other time... it only hurts while going #2. I dont know if there is any nicer way to word it. Its like ive made the inside of my butt sore, and when going to the bathroom it hurts. I just began riding about a month and a half ago. This just started happening.
I dont know if this is still a saddle problem. I am guessing it is, as I am still using the saddle that came on the bike (Giant OCR 2). I plan to upgrade to a more user friendly (one with a slit) soon.
I was just curious if anyone else has had this problem while having saddle soreness.
IF it doesn't hurt in an area whch comes into contact with your seat then it probably isn't seat related. If it is a pain in the gluteal muscles (in each side of your butt) generally then you will benefit from streching after every ride.
Beware of saddles with cutouts. Some may be good but by putting a hole in it you are taking away area over which pressure can be evenly distributed. I can well recommend a Fizik saddle. The shape and contour of the saddle are the most important not how much is missing from it. Go to a shop where you can ride a few different types around the block or car park to get a feel first before buying one. It is well worth it.