    (I'm afraid I don't have the recipe with me right now.)

    It includes hard butterscotch candies, gelatin, & heavy cream.

    What caught my eye was what they suggested you swirl into it for decoration - caramel with a
    touch of curry!

    Lenona.

    Tags:

  2. Notbob

    Notbob Guest

    On 2004-02-18, Lenona321 <[email protected]> wrote:
    > (I'm afraid I don't have the recipe with me right now.)
    >
    > It includes hard butterscotch candies, gelatin, & heavy cream.
    >
    > What caught my eye was what they suggested you swirl into it for decoration - caramel with a touch
    > of curry!

    Why don't you go get the recipe and post it for us. I have no desire to add my email address to the
    NYTimes mailing list.

    nb

  3. Kar

    Kar Guest

    "Lenona321" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > (I'm afraid I don't have the recipe with me right now.)
    >
    > It includes hard butterscotch candies, gelatin, & heavy cream.
    >
    > What caught my eye was what they suggested you swirl into it for
    decoration -
    > caramel with a touch of curry!
    >
    > Lenona.

    If someone could post the recipe, it would be much appreciated. I couldn't find it on the NY
    Times website.

  4. Kar

    Kar Guest

    "KAR" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Lenona321" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > m15.aol.com...
    > > (I'm afraid I don't have the recipe with me right now.)
    > >
    > > It includes hard butterscotch candies, gelatin, & heavy cream.
    > >
    > > What caught my eye was what they suggested you swirl into it for
    > decoration -
    > > caramel with a touch of curry!
    > >
    > > Lenona.
    >
    > If someone could post the recipe, it would be much appreciated. I couldn't find it on the NY Times
    > website.

    I don't usually post replies to myself, but found the recipe in the Food Stuff Column of today's NY
    Times, "The Wasabi Leaf Leaves the Fire Underground"

    Here it is:

    Butterscotch Pudding (Reservations Required)

    Like macaroni and cheese, butterscotch pudding has gone from homey comfort food to the big time
    on dessert menus. At Patroon, it is swirled with crème fraîche in a parfait glass. The Four
    Seasons restaurant unmolds it like a flan. It is classically done with whipped cream at Kitchen
    82 and Kitchen
    22.

    At David Burke & Donatella, it is turned into a rich panna cotta layered with curry-spiced caramel.
    For the panna cotta, Mr. Burke's secret ingredient is ordinary butterscotch candies: crush 8 ounces,
    mix with vanilla-bean scrapings and stir into a heavy pot with 1 3/8 cups of heavy cream. Simmer
    until the candy melts. Whisk half a packet of unflavored gelatin with 2 more cups of cream, add to
    the pot, remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Strain the pudding, pour it into stemmed
    glasses or ramekins and chill 6 hours, until set.

  5. x-no-archive: yes

    notbob wrote:

    >Why don't you go get the recipe and post it for us. I have no desire to add my email address to the
    >NYTimes mailing list.

    FWIW, they don't send you mail unless you specifically agree to it. Anyway, why can't you get a
    throwaway address from yahoo or hotmail to use for things like that?

    Naomi D.

  6. Kilikini

    Kilikini Guest

    "Naomi Darvell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > x-no-archive: yes
    >
    > notbob wrote:
    >
    > >Why don't you go get the recipe and post it for us. I have no desire to
    add
    > >my email address to the NYTimes mailing list.
    > >

    > FWIW, they don't send you mail unless you specifically agree to it.
    Anyway, why
    > can't you get a throwaway address from yahoo or hotmail to use for things
    like
    > that?
    >

    > Naomi D.

    Yep, I agree with Naomi. That's what I use my hotmail for (oh, and NGs, he he he). kili