Buttock / Thigh = AGONY

robert110

Jan 30, 2004
I have now been layed up for 20 hrs.

The problem, well I dont exactly know

I had this dull pain at the rear of my left buttock (where it meets the top of my thigh) I commuted to / from work and it got a bit more uncomfortable, went to bed and an hour or two later was back up and in agony. I could not walk properly, I had to let my left foot drag and point my toes out to make walking or limping in my case just about bearable. I went to the doctor he gave me strong painkillers, but this is where it goes wrong !!

I know he said it wasn't a groin strain or hamstring or sciatic nerve. He did mention something about nerve and nerve sleave ?? To be honest I was in too much pain to listen. Has anyone had or heard og this type of injury and what is the prognosis: The DR said I would need physio if this did not improve in the next few days ?????

Originally posted by robert110
I have now been layed up for 20 hrs.

The problem, well I dont exactly know

I had this dull pain at the rear of my left buttock (where it meets the top of my thigh) I commuted to / from work and it got a bit more uncomfortable, went to bed and an hour or two later was back up and in agony. I could not walk properly, I had to let my left foot drag and point my toes out to make walking or limping in my case just about bearable. I went to the doctor he gave me strong painkillers, but this is where it goes wrong !!

I know he said it wasn't a groin strain or hamstring or sciatic nerve. He did mention something about nerve and nerve sleave ?? To be honest I was in too much pain to listen. Has anyone had or heard og this type of injury and what is the prognosis: The DR said I would need physio if this did not improve in the next few days ?????
Hi Robert, you need to get yourself down to a Sports Clinic, its sounds like you may have problems in your piriform muscles, the sports clinic should be able to treat it with massage and stretching, etc.