buy now $295 new swb?????

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Hey...another weekend ahead.... It is that "Rafael SWB" from Bogota Colombia again. A very very Poor
    Mans RANS. I loved the line in the advert....ideal for Senior Citizens who cannot ride a DF. I
    cannot even imagine some little old senior too frail to manage a DF clicking into the pedals of a
    SWB and riding off into the sunset. Rafael sent me an Email Xmas greeting...yeah like I celebrated
    Xmas, Xmas is just another exuse Bob Cratchet to rob a man blind....bah humbug.
    "Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    [q1]> looks kinda like a rip off[/q1]
    [q1]>[/q1]
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2904&item=1987818927

  2. Brian Hughes

    Brian Hughes Guest

    Well I've been thinking about adding a SWB recumbent to my stable, so I emailed a guy who had
    purchased one of those SWB and asked him his opinion of it. Here is a snip of what he wrote back...

    "The price is too good to be true. I had to take the bike to a cycle shop to tune it. The shop
    owner said that the gears were 30 year old technology. They don't shift that well and the brakes
    are not good quality. The seat is plywood with a little foam over the wood. One of the inner
    tubes was bad and the valve was also non functioning. This style of bike is very dangerous to
    ride and it took me a while to get use to the unstable handling so if you buy one be careful at
    first. I do like the recumbent style and will probably try and get one locally soon. My advice
    is spend the money on a quality bike and I think you will be pleased. "

    Brian RANS Tailwind

    [q1]> Does the bike really have the drive train on the left side, or has someone been playing with their[/q1]
    [q1]> photo editing software ?[/q1]

    If you look at both pictures, you will notice that the bike has a drive train on both left and right
    side a truly unique design for only $295.

    - Bellaire, TX USA -

  4. Chris Broome

    Chris Broome Guest

  5. Chris Broome