Buyer beware!

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.marketplace archive' started by Scott Hendricks, Feb 27, 2004.

  1. Don't know if he ever sells on this newsgroup, but since many of the folks who trade here also trade
    on Ebay, I thought I'd pass this along.

    I spotted a Dean frame for sale ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3663063702 )
    and decided to ask the seller if he was the original owner.

    His response: "YES, I am the original owner. The frame was built for me last year. It is 1 of 10
    DEAN built for our team."

    Funny thing, in his 'ratings' you can see where the guy who sold it to him posted a review.

    Funnier still, I sold it to the guy who sold it to him. It just so happens that the seller is right,
    it was 1 of 10 built for a sponsored team last year. But, it was built for me, not him.

    Beware of 'bicyclestreet' on Ebay. His email: [email protected]

    I'm not sure I'd trust much of what he had to say in a description of any item he's selling.

    Scott

    Tags:

  2. Brian P

    Brian P Guest

    No offense, but i think it is kind of unfare to post a "buyer beware" flag on this guy when he has
    100% positive feedback with 25 transactions.

    "Scott Hendricks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Don't know if he ever sells on this newsgroup, but since many of the folks who trade here also
    > trade on Ebay, I thought I'd pass this along.
    >
    > I spotted a Dean frame for sale ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3663063702 )
    > and decided to ask the seller if he was the original owner.
    >
    > His response: "YES, I am the original owner. The frame was built for me last year. It is 1 of 10
    > DEAN built for our team."
    >
    > Funny thing, in his 'ratings' you can see where the guy who sold it to him posted a review.
    >
    > Funnier still, I sold it to the guy who sold it to him. It just so happens that the seller is
    > right, it was 1 of 10 built for a sponsored team last year. But, it was built for me, not him.
    >
    > Beware of 'bicyclestreet' on Ebay. His email: [email protected]
    >
    > I'm not sure I'd trust much of what he had to say in a description of any item he's selling.
    >
    > Scott

    >No offense, but i think it is kind of unfare to post a "buyer beware" flag on this guy when he has
    >100% positive feedback with 25 transactions.

    Why? The seller is obviously lying about the origin of the frame. This isn't second hand information
    either. If the seller is willing to lie about this, he might lie about other things too.
    -------------
    Alex

  4. "Brian P" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > No offense, but i think it is kind of unfare to post a "buyer beware" flag on this guy when he has
    > 100% positive feedback with 25 transactions.
    >
    > "Scott Hendricks" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Don't know if he ever sells on this newsgroup, but since many of the folks who trade here also
    > > trade on Ebay, I thought I'd pass this along.
    > >
    > > I spotted a Dean frame for sale ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3663063702
    > > ) and decided to ask the seller if he was the original owner.
    > >
    > > His response: "YES, I am the original owner. The frame was built for me last year. It is 1 of 10
    > > DEAN built for our team."
    > >
    > > Funny thing, in his 'ratings' you can see where the guy who sold it to him posted a review.
    > >
    > > Funnier still, I sold it to the guy who sold it to him. It just so happens that the seller is
    > > right, it was 1 of 10 built for a sponsored team last year. But, it was built for me, not him.
    > >
    > > Beware of 'bicyclestreet' on Ebay. His email: [email protected]
    > >
    > > I'm not sure I'd trust much of what he had to say in a description of any item he's selling.
    > >
    > > Scott

    Oh, so because 25 people before me were satisfied, that means that he gets a pass on deliberately
    trying to mislead me?

    FYI, I emailed the seller prior to posting my message here. His response? 'You got me!'

    I am being more than fair.