Bike buying advice · Public discussion

Buying 1st Road Bike

Started by miguel6129 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 835 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Bike buying advice
Published
11 March 2011
Last activity
11 March 2011
Original author
miguel6129
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
835
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Alright...about to buy first road bike. I want to just go ahead and order the Felt F95 2010...MSRP about $740. Just has the CF fork and aluminum frame with advertised Shimano components. Does anyone know if there are any good substitutes for this bike? I want a bike that I will use for speed not only leisure.

  2. When I was looking I searched online manufacturers websites to get a feel for what was out there. As I became more informed of what I was looking for, I searched for dealers in my area to perhaps look at their inventory and get a physical feel for the bikes I was interested in.

    I ended up looking at at least 7 different manufacturers and 3 times as many bikes. If you want some idea of the different manufacturers just take a look at the pictures thread.

    A few off the top of my head that I looked at ( I bought a Felt btw ) were Giant, Scott, Trek, Cannondale, Bianchi, and Fuji. There are many others that are worthy of consideration as well.

    Hazy

  3. Just about every major brand is going to have a model comparable to the Felt.

    An easy way to search is by price; most brands will have comparable models priced fairly close to the Felt.

    Then it's a matter of how well the bike feels when you ride it, what equipment it has, and how much you like the bike shop you'd be purchasing it from.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.