Buying 27 Inch tyres

Dancier

New Member
Jul 26, 2005
Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres. Nashbar.com seem to have 27 inch conti's and a few other brands, has anyone used them at all.

Thanks in advance.

"Dancier" wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.
> Nashbar.com seem to have 27 inch conti's and a few other brands, has
> anyone used them at all.

Sheldon Brown has a range of different 27" tyres at Harris Cyclery at:

http://harriscyclery.net/itemlist.cfm?category=154&catalogId=39

For a tough 27X1.25 you couldn't go past the Scwalbe Marathon - excellent
touring tyre, used on world expeditions. I've just ordered (and promptly
received) half a dozen of the Avocet Fasgrip 27X7/8" to keep me in tyres for
the next 10-20 years.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Peter Signorini said:
"Dancier" wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.
> Nashbar.com seem to have 27 inch conti's and a few other brands, has
> anyone used them at all.

Sheldon Brown has a range of different 27" tyres at Harris Cyclery at:

http://harriscyclery.net/itemlist.cfm?category=154&catalogId=39

For a tough 27X1.25 you couldn't go past the Scwalbe Marathon - excellent
touring tyre, used on world expeditions. I've just ordered (and promptly
received) half a dozen of the Avocet Fasgrip 27X7/8" to keep me in tyres for
the next 10-20 years.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)
I should of mentioned sheldons site but I forgot too. I was in their today and the minimum order is $100 US for orders sent overseas. I was looking at the Scwalbe Marathon, maybe as you say I might have to buy a few to get me over the $100 mark.

"Dancier" wrote:

> I should of mentioned sheldons site but I forgot too. I was in their
> today and the minimum order is $100 US for orders sent overseas. I was
> looking at the Scwalbe Marathon, maybe as you say I might have to buy a
> few to get me over the $100 mark.

Oh yes, forgot that. I recall now that my 6 tyres and 6 tubes came to
$US101. :)

Timing is everything.

--
Cheers
Peter

~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

Dancier wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.

Try aebike.com

Mike said:
Dancier wrote:
> Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.

Try aebike.com

Thanks Mike that site is a winner, not only for tires. Sent them an email to see what the shipping cost are.

"Dancier" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:D[email protected]...

> Mike Wrote:
>> Dancier wrote:
>> > Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.

>> Try aebike.com

> Thanks Mike that site is a winner, not only for tires. Sent them an
> email to see what the shipping cost are.

If you run through the order process but stop short of finalising it,
they'll give you the shipping cost as well.

Resound said:
If you run through the order process but stop short of finalising it, they'll give you the shipping cost as well.
I went through the process but stopped when they wanted my credit card details. If I don't get an email reply then I will do as you say.

Dancier wrote:

>> Try aebike.com

> Thanks Mike that site is a winner, not only for tires. Sent them an
> email to see what the shipping cost are.

No worries. If you put in the location, the checkout should tell you
postage. It has some weird formula which often doesn't make much sense,
but they stick to it. They send via USPS (ie regular gov't post.)

One point - Shimano components can only be ordered on weekends.
No kidding.

Dancier said:
Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres. Nashbar.com seem to have 27 inch conti's and a few other brands, has anyone used them at all.

Thanks in advance.

Try Abbotsford Cycles on Swan St, Richmond. They have lots of bits and pieces, wouldn't surprise if they also had 27 inch tyres.

Ritch

Dancier wrote:
> Peter Signorini Wrote:
>
>>"Dancier" wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.
>>>Nashbar.com seem to have 27 inch conti's and a few other brands, has
>>>anyone used them at all.

>>Sheldon Brown has a range of different 27" tyres at Harris Cyclery at:
>>
>>http://harriscyclery.net/itemlist.cfm?category=154&catalogId=39
>>
>>For a tough 27X1.25 you couldn't go past the Scwalbe Marathon -
>>excellent
>>touring tyre, used on world expeditions. I've just ordered (and
>>promptly
>>received) half a dozen of the Avocet Fasgrip 27X7/8" to keep me in
>>tyres for
>>the next 10-20 years.
>>
>>--
>>Cheers
>>Peter
>>
>>~~~ ~ _@
>>~~ ~ _- \,
>>~~ (*)/ (*)

> I should of mentioned sheldons site but I forgot too. I was in their
> today and the minimum order is $100 US for orders sent overseas. I was
> looking at the Scwalbe Marathon, maybe as you say I might have to buy a
> few to get me over the $100 mark.

I would be happy to buy a pair from you if you do purchase a few of
these tyres. Having just been given an all alloy 6 speed racer of 80's
vintage that I intend to refurbish.

Mike said:
One point - Shimano components can only be ordered on weekends.
No kidding.

Shimano in the US limit the number of bike shops that can sell Shimano over the web. Looks like Shimano USA might not be looking on the weekends and so the sale can go through? USA - the land of free enterprise!!??

SteveA

SteveA said:
Shimano in the US limit the number of bike shops that can sell Shimano over the web. Looks like Shimano USA might not be looking on the weekends and so the sale can go through? USA - the land of free enterprise!!??

SteveA
Funny you should say this because I noticed that aebike.com sell individual Deore shifters but it said that shimano does not like them selling via the web so contact them direct but maybe on the weekends it's ok.

"Mike" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dancier wrote:
>> Does anyone know where I can buy online some good 27*1,1/4 tyres.

> Try aebike.com

I second that, I bought my mtb hubs from there and saved an absolute bucket
load.

I had excellent service from them and will be back.

Cheers Dre