Touring and recreational cycling · Public discussion

Buying a Bike this Weekend - Help

Started by fotodog101 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,596 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Touring and recreational cycling
Published
31 July 2004
Last activity
18 August 2004
Original author
fotodog101
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,596
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. OK, I’ve shopped the LBS, ridden various bikes, and have come down to a choice between a Specialized Sirrus Elite and a Fuji Silhouette (both hybrids). I’m having a tough time making a decision . . . would like to hear from people riding those bikes as to what they like/dislike, any problem areas, etc. Both are about the same price and have similar components (as far as I can tell), making the decision even tougher.

    I’m getting back into cycling after a long absence, will be doing most in-town riding and can get out to cycle every day (and hopefully get back in shape).

    Thanks for any and all advice.

  2. If they're basically the same, go with whatever feels better. Obviously, go for a test ride on both of them (not just a spin around the parking lot).

  3. fotodog101 said:

    OK, I’ve shopped the LBS, ridden various bikes, and have come down to a choice between a Specialized Sirrus Elite and a Fuji Silhouette (both hybrids). I’m having a tough time making a decision . . . would like to hear from people riding those bikes as to what they like/dislike, any problem areas, etc. Both are about the same price and have similar components (as far as I can tell), making the decision even tougher.

    I’m getting back into cycling after a long absence, will be doing most in-town riding and can get out to cycle every day (and hopefully get back in shape).

    Thanks for any and all advice.


    Did you make a choice? I'm considering the Silhouette and am looking for some first-hand impressions.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.