Buying a bike to pick up in Italy

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dtracey953, Mar 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dtracey953

Dtracey953 Guest

This has become a bit of a crusade. To summarise, the two of us want to spend a month/six weeks
    cycle touring in Italy. A loop Rome - Sicily - Rome or even a more leisurely and circuitous Naples -
    Sicily - Naples suggests itself. We haven't got the appropriate bikes at the moment (don't need them
    here, where it's flat). Does anyone know of any websites or contact details where we could negotiate
    the purchase (or maybe hire) of bikes which would be ready for us when we arrived in Italy? I've
    googled like mad though the web and groups, but either I can't phrase the request right or the
    information just isn't there. I can't believe the latter given the number of UK sites just begging
    to provide me with bikes (within the UK), so can anyone help me? Dave T

Tags:

2. In Italy there are *loads* of places to hire bikes. Last summer holiday there (Tuscany) I saw a bike
    hire place in almost every town! Here's the URL of a place in Naples that mentions cycle hire

http://www.reservations.bookhostels.com/bugeurope.com/hostel.php?HostelNum ber=639

I'm sure there must be loads more.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
    Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.