Buying a Bike Trainer

Oliver Hix

Feb 13, 2013
Hey Everyone-

I wanted to buy a bike trainer so that I could still 'ride' in the winter or at night. Are those a good alternative to full blown exercise bike? Which brands would be good to buy, and what features should I look for? I found some on Amazon for about $100, but I don't know if that is an indicator of poor quality. I probably don't want to spend more than $200.

Thanks!

Aaron.

http://www.amazon.com/Indoor-Bike-Trainer-Exercise-Stand/dp/B004E1SVOI/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1360787729&sr=8-8&keywords=bicycle+trainer

This is the one I was looking at, as well as another with brand name Forza?

It is best if you get a trainer with some resistance adjustments. I have a new one in box, CycleOps wind trainer that I got as a gift, but haven't used because of an injury. I would part with it for $125.00 plus shipping if you are interested. Otherwise, going used is a better bet than a cheap one off amazon.

Oliver Hix said:
Hey Everyone- I wanted to buy a bike trainer so that I could still 'ride' in the winter or at night.  Are those a good alternative to full blown exercise bike?  Which brands would be good to buy, and what features should I look for?  I found some on Amazon for about $100, but I don't know if that is an indicator of poor quality.  I probably don't want to spend more than $200. Thanks! Aaron.
i think that an indoor trainer is a necessary investment for any cyclist serious about their training, spinning bikes on the other hand deliver a quite realistic feel and are not a bad option, i have a trainer at home but sometimes during the year i purchase time in the local gym and i use there the spinning bikes during the excercise routine,