Buying a Full-Suspension Mountain Bike - Need help!

Discussion in 'Bike buying advice' started by JKTowson, Jan 26, 2011.

1. JKTowson

JKTowson New Member

Hey everybody,
    I am a 175 pound 6'2'' guy, and I need to purchase a full-suspension Mountain bike to do more heavy riding on. I plan on taking trips to the Mountain areas around my home state of Maryland, to fly down some rugged trails. My Budget is around $1500-$2000max. I need some suggestions on what bikes you recommend or DON'T recommend. Or any tips you may have for me.

Thanks for the help guys!!
    Jason K.
    http://www.bikepumps.org/

Tags:

2. alfeng

alfeng Well-Known Member

FWIW. If you won't be hucking, then you may want to consider a Hardtail 29er.

3. maddogbubba

maddogbubba New Member

Jason - my son and I both purchased 2010 full suspension mountain bikes last march , I decided to stick with road biking and sold mine . shortly there after my son decided to do the same .he still has his bike and it has approx - 300 miles on it . he stands at 6' 1 1/ 2" . you can see the bike at Fezzari .com . (model - 2010 cascade peak ,upgraded wheelset to Mavic crosstrail , upgraded crankset to Truvativ noir redwin ) . the bike is a 19" and it actually fits him great .cost him 2700.00 $ . asking 1500.00 $ obo. if at all interested , let me know and I will have him email a photo to you . good luck with your search !