Buying a new bike but don't know where to start!

dougal

Nov 16, 2003
Hi, I want to upgrade my Giant OCR to a new bike but feel swamped by the choice. I'm willing to spend upto $4000 has anyone any suggestions or which bikes to avoid?

dougal said:
Hi, I want to upgrade my Giant OCR to a new bike but feel swamped by the choice. I'm willing to spend upto $4000 has anyone any suggestions or which bikes to avoid?

$4000 (usd?) will get you a lot of bike. You may want to describe what kind of riding you will be doing, your physical condition and whrther the budget will include any accesories.

Finally I believe at the higher price ranges that all bikes tend to be equally "as good" in terms of how good they will be for you. So maybe look into external factors like brand preference, or service options, LBS availaibility and recos, colors...

dougal said:
$4000 to spend and trolling for opinions.You're kidding right? Make sure it fits.

With that kinda cash in hand, any LBS employee will gladly help you sort through the options probably getting you to spend every bit of it. Here's my advice; buy the prettiest one. Lots of factors go into buying a bike.

capwater said:
With that kinda cash in hand, any LBS employee will gladly help you sort through the options probably getting you to spend every bit of it.
....and give you an overload of BS too... HaHaHa..LOL.

dougal said:

I think it's safe to say that at the $4000 price point there aren't too many "bikes to avoid".
How about thinking of what you like about your OCR and what you don't like so much about it, and work from there.

I would check out Airborne bicycles, either at a retailer or at www.airborne.net they have a full online buying web site and unbelievable customer service. Titanium bikes have an awesome ride and last longer than any other metals. Buying direct from the company gives you great $$ deals on loaded bikes. I ride one, and I love it.