Buying a new bike, what size...this is easy

jhuskey said:
My wife would never let me shave my legs.
mever mind the wife, I would never let me get my legs waxed, i'd have to be very drunk and hit on the **** with a tranquliser dart and put in a straight jacket..

Cannibal2 said:
I can identify with that. The other day, one commented that he purchased a new TV at the "electical store"...Now that is self restraint....
so Cannibal2, don't you have something to share with the group? A little secret?

MountainPro said:
mever mind the wife, I would never let me get my legs waxed, i'd have to be very drunk and hit on the **** with a tranquliser dart and put in a straight jacket..

My wife and do that all the time ,she gets me drunk ,puts me in a straight jacket and shoots me in the butt with a dart.
No leg waxing but excellent foreplay.

thanks for the advice, yes it is an early christmas pressy,. the wife thinks i am being very tolerant on account of the mother-in-law coming to stay for 6 months.

a man needs his space and what better way to get that space than with a new bike. I am paying for it but at least i have been allowed to buy it. Thats marriage for you. You need permission to spend your own money on frivolous pleasures. I should have spent if on groceries or a new carpet or a lawn mower or something but what the hell,

i arrived on monday btw, photos of it are here >> http://www.cyclingforums.com/showpost.php?p=2428242&postcount=12

the xenon group is okay but nothing to write home about, the wheels are miclelin with Bianchi stamps on them and frame is just lovely. The look pedals were swiftly de-bolted and my spds are on it. Over all it takes a bit of getting used to because i am a mtber but ****, it is faaaaast.

strange thing is, i was out the other evening and passed a young dude on an mtb. I got this very strange feeling of superiority. Even though he was probably younger and fitter than me, its becuase i was on a road bike and he was on a mtb, i just felt better that he in every way....

strange and slighty pleasurable...

i hate mtbers now....

(just kidding)

Cannibal2 said:
You made the right choice. I currently have 105 components and they have served me well. I just wanted to pass on that I have heard nothing but bad news with Sora. Plus you can’t shift from the drops with Sora, another drawback due to the plastic thumb shifting mechanism. I almost went your route and purchased a superior frame with Sora with the same intention to replace the components later until I cam across a superior frame with mediocre components. Good luck on your purchase. Is this an early Christmas present for you?

MountainPro said:
strange thing is, i was out the other evening and passed a young dude on an mtb. I got this very strange feeling of superiority. Even though he was probably younger and fitter than me, its becuase i was on a road bike and he was on a mtb, i just felt better that he in every way....

strange and slighty pleasurable...

Be sure to master the skill of passing those inconsequential posers and making it look like you're just tooling around on a recovery day. A quick look at their form and a sneer of elitism will really put them in their places.