Buying a saddle cover

Claire Petersky

Guest
I'm in my husband's LBS, and I want to buy a saddle cover. We're trying to determine whether the
cover they sell would fit my seat. The shop guy is trying to pull the cover over a sample seat in
the shop, and lord forgive me, a certain image pops into my dirty mind, and I can't stop giggling.
When he finally gets it on nice and snug, I say, "don't you need to leave a little room, since it
doesn't have a reservoir tip?"

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky

Home of the meditative cyclist:
Email me re: the new Tiferet CD (http://www.tiferet.net)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 03:09:09 GMT, "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I'm in my husband's LBS, and I want to buy a saddle cover. We're trying to determine whether the
>cover they sell would fit my seat. The shop guy is trying to pull the cover over a sample seat in
>the shop, and lord forgive me, a certain image pops into my dirty mind, and I can't stop giggling.
>When he finally gets it on nice and snug, I say, "don't you need to leave a little room, since it
>doesn't have a reservoir tip?"

we know where your mind is at (G) and people think only men have dirty minds.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices See http://www.knight-
toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.

<[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm in my husband's LBS, and I want to buy a saddle cover. We're trying to determine whether the
>cover they sell would fit my seat. The shop guy is trying to pull the cover over a sample seat in
>the shop, and lord forgive me, a certain image pops into my dirty mind, and I can't stop giggling.
>When he finally gets it on nice and snug, I say, "don't you need to leave a little room, since it
>doesn't have a reservoir tip?"

Always practice safe cycling.

-Luigi

In article <nVs0c.149174$jk2.585117@attbi_s53>,
"Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> writes:
> Now that I bought the seat cover, I find that my hiney slips off of it too easily. Is there
> something I could apply/sew on to it that would keep it from slipping?

A piece of soft cordura might do the trick. The stuff is non-slippery, tough, slow to soak, and
quick to dry.

Ain't it a hassle when accessories need accessories ;-)

cheers, Tom