Buying a saddle cover

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Claire Petersky, Feb 26, 2004.

  1. I'm in my husband's LBS, and I want to buy a saddle cover. We're trying to determine whether the
    cover they sell would fit my seat. The shop guy is trying to pull the cover over a sample seat in
    the shop, and lord forgive me, a certain image pops into my dirty mind, and I can't stop giggling.
    When he finally gets it on nice and snug, I say, "don't you need to leave a little room, since it
    doesn't have a reservoir tip?"

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky

    Home of the meditative cyclist:
    Email me re: the new Tiferet CD (http://www.tiferet.net)

    Tags:

  2. Steve Knight

    Steve Knight Guest

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 03:09:09 GMT, "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >I'm in my husband's LBS, and I want to buy a saddle cover. We're trying to determine whether the
    >cover they sell would fit my seat. The shop guy is trying to pull the cover over a sample seat in
    >the shop, and lord forgive me, a certain image pops into my dirty mind, and I can't stop giggling.
    >When he finally gets it on nice and snug, I say, "don't you need to leave a little room, since it
    >doesn't have a reservoir tip?"

    we know where your mind is at (G) and people think only men have dirty minds.

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes Custom made wooden planes at reasonable prices See http://www.knight-
    toolworks.com For prices and ordering instructions.

  3. On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 03:09:09 GMT, "Claire Petersky"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm in my husband's LBS, and I want to buy a saddle cover. We're trying to determine whether the
    >cover they sell would fit my seat. The shop guy is trying to pull the cover over a sample seat in
    >the shop, and lord forgive me, a certain image pops into my dirty mind, and I can't stop giggling.
    >When he finally gets it on nice and snug, I say, "don't you need to leave a little room, since it
    >doesn't have a reservoir tip?"

    Always practice safe cycling.

    -Luigi

  4. Zoot Katz

    Zoot Katz Guest

    Fri, 27 Feb 2004 03:31:11 GMT,
    <[email protected]>, Steve Knight
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >we know where your mind is at (G) and people think only men have dirty minds.

    Not after they've read Shakespeare.
    --
    zk

  5. Claire, go sit in the corner!! LOL!!!

    "May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear for the hills!"

    Chris'Z Corner http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

  6. Now that I bought the seat cover, I find that my hiney slips off of it too easily. Is there
    something I could apply/sew on to it that would keep it from slipping?

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky

    Home of the meditative cyclist:
    Email me re: the new Tiferet CD (http://www.tiferet.net)

  7. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]_s53>,
    "Claire Petersky" <[email protected]> writes:
    > Now that I bought the seat cover, I find that my hiney slips off of it too easily. Is there
    > something I could apply/sew on to it that would keep it from slipping?

    A piece of soft cordura might do the trick. The stuff is non-slippery, tough, slow to soak, and
    quick to dry.

    Ain't it a hassle when accessories need accessories ;-)

    cheers, Tom