buying a trainer

lespasta

Aug 18, 2013
hi all, first post here.

I just started riding a bicycle this summer and I'm addicted. I'm in southern New England and I'm not planning on riding outdoors once November comes I've been told that it would be a good idea to buy a trainer.

I have limited funds and I probably wouldn't know where to start when it comes to looking at trainers...

I'm not looking for anything super-expensive or high tech, just a means to an end.

Maybe you guys can post some links or tell me things I will need to consider when I'm looking... thanks in advance

there are some 3 to 5 good brands to choose from, i personally use Elite fluid trainers,

Nashbar for affordable, Kurt Kinetics for quality and rollers for technique and fit feedback.

I have had good luck with the Proform TDF trainer. I have read some bad reviews on it but so far almost two years of use and good results. Of course there are a lot less expensive choices.

"I have had good luck with the Proform TDF trainer."

Tenn.???

Seriously. You don't even have Winter down there!

Sure we do and sometime it rains here and I am not riding in a thunderstorm. That's for you rough guys and I am just a sissy.

"Sure we do..."

Frost does not count.

"...and sometime it rains here and I am not riding in a thunderstorm."

These days are reserved for maintenance and drinking. Or both.