Buying a used bike...Need feed back!!

rc003

Oct 26, 2009
Looking to buy a used bike and came across this bike.

AD: Giant TCR C2 Road Bike with Formula one composite technology, Race face cadence, Shimano ultegra clips, Fizik aliente sport saddle, Shimano ultegra gears & brakes, New continental 4000 German tires, Mavic rims, Profile design aerolite bars. I'm asking $1,400 O.B.O. (spent about $2,300)

Pictures look awsome. Anyone have this bike? Is it worth the $1,400?

You mean this ad: For Sale Giant Tcr C2 Road bike

Sounds like it was written by someone who knows little about bikes, for people who know little about bikes. "Formula one composite technology", "Ultegra gears" and "German tires?" Is that bike stolen or is the owner just clueless?

frenchyge said:
You mean this ad: For Sale Giant Tcr C2 Road bike

Sounds like it was written by someone who knows little about bikes, for people who know little about bikes. "Formula one composite technology", "Ultegra gears" and "German tires?" Is that bike stolen or is the owner just clueless?

Maybe clueless. Not sure. Is it a good bike though? Im somewhat new to the sport.

rc003 said:
Maybe clueless. Not sure. Is it a good bike though? Im somewhat new to the sport.

Good enough for what?

Personally, I wouldn't buy from someone who sounded so clueless about what they were selling. I wouldn't trust that the bike was cared for, or that they were being truthful about the mileage and/or condition. The size isn't even listed.... do you even know whether it would fit you?

If you're that new to the sport, then I would suggest a trip to your local bike store where they can educate you on what you'll need for the type of riding you intend to do, fit you to a quality bike, etc.

If the link to the ad is right, the sunglasses, watch, and bike come from around Tampa, FL. The watch place just recently opened, too (2009/9/1). It seems strange to me that a person "new to the sport" would stumble on these choices first.