Buying Advice: Cannondale Bad Body v Jamis Allegro Elite v Fuji Absolute

saveedro

Jul 6, 2012
Hey. I am relatively new to biking and my job recently gave me the opportunity to bike to work. 9.4 miles each way on relatively level bike paths/bikes lanes in Brooklyn. The elevation difference is only about 300 feet over the course of the ride.

I went to a bike store and tried out a few models and came out with three that I really liked.

The Fuji Absolute 3 was great but I was riding a model that was too small for my frame. The bike felt a bit "squirrely" as the guy in the store put it. $500
The Cannondale Bad Boy is ugly as hell imo, but it rode great. The handlebars weren't my cup of tea but that was apparently fixable. $800
Lastly the Allegro Elite which felt amazing. It rode the way I remember bikes riding when I was 12 years old. Apparently the carbon fork was what did it? $1050

As I understand, all 3 are reputable brands and I do not really know how to decide. There is supposedly a lower end $800 Allegro that rides just like the elite, but I have not had a chance to try it yet. Any ideas as to which is better or worse for my particular circumstance? I am looking to get the most value for my money and hope for this to be a bike I have a while, but at the same time, I do not want to spend an extra $200-$500 if all I am really paying for is flashy bells and whistles.

Thanks guys.