buying "first real" bike - poss SUBlime.1?

justjo

Nov 12, 2007
Hi,

I've just started riding and have decided to do the Great Vic next yr, a friends time going to do it with has said my current bike needs replacing if I'm going to be serious about riding.

Knowing nothing about bikes I have spend the last little while on the net and in shops acting stupid to find out some info and I think that I want to get a Sublime.1...

can anyone give me some feedback regarding this bike/brand and if they know of any problems with it.

Thanks!
Jo

justjo said:
Hi,

I've just started riding and have decided to do the Great Vic next yr, a friends time going to do it with has said my current bike needs replacing if I'm going to be serious about riding.

Knowing nothing about bikes I have spend the last little while on the net and in shops acting stupid to find out some info and I think that I want to get a Sublime.1...

can anyone give me some feedback regarding this bike/brand and if they know of any problems with it.

Thanks!
Jo
What bike brand??? Poss sublime.1??? Never heard of it, whats your budget? Whered you see the bike?? Who makes it??

Scotttri said:
What bike brand??? Poss sublime.1??? Never heard of it, whats your budget? Whered you see the bike?? Who makes it??
the brand is SUB - SARAH Ulmer brand. model: lime.1
saw it in a Melbourne(aus) bike shop and on the internet.

justjo said:
the brand is SUB - SARAH Ulmer brand. model: lime.1
saw it in a Melbourne(aus) bike shop and on the internet.
Bike looks ok, i'm sure the bikes would be fine if she rides them.

Hi Jo,

SUB is the womens specific brand for Avanti bikes, a good reputible brand.

The Sublime 1 has a mix of road and mountain bike parts of entry level quality.

I would personally suggest (if you can stretch the budget) looking at the sublime2, especially if you are going to practice for such a big ride. This has much better quality components that are more road specific. You also get a higher quality (lighter) frame with butting (tube manipulation), lighter wheels, 27 speed over 24 and much closer gear ratios.

Don't forget to factor in extra for helmets, lights clothing etc.

Let us know how you go.

Chris

Ainsie said:
Hi Jo,

SUB is the womens specific brand for Avanti bikes, a good reputible brand.

The Sublime 1 has a mix of road and mountain bike parts of entry level quality.

I would personally suggest (if you can stretch the budget) looking at the sublime2, especially if you are going to practice for such a big ride. This has much better quality components that are more road specific. You also get a higher quality (lighter) frame with butting (tube manipulation), lighter wheels, 27 speed over 24 and much closer gear ratios.

Don't forget to factor in extra for helmets, lights clothing etc.

Let us know how you go.

Chris
Does anyone have much to say about the Avanti Expedition?
it was suggested to day in a LBS that it is the better way to go than the SUB...

So much confusion out there!