Buying first road bike help

Tegles

Jun 7, 2013
Im buying my first road bike, I have been riding my Maverick Ironhorse on the road but im getting more serious and interested in a decent road bike. I plan on using the bike for average 50 mile rides and a few 100 mile rides a year so comfortability is a must. I would like to spend between $1200 and $1600. What im looking for from anyone who can help is a list of maybe
5-10 bikes that fit my price range. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Tegles .

Im buying my first road bike, I have been riding my Maverick Ironhorse on the road but im getting more serious and interested in a decent road bike. I plan on using the bike for average 50 mile rides and a few 100 mile rides a year so comfortability is a must. I would like to spend between $1200 and $1600. What im looking for from anyone who can help is a list of maybe
5-10 bikes that fit my price range. Thanks.
I would take a look at some local bike shops and if you're lucky some might have superseded models that you can pickup at a 30-40% discount. While it'd be last years bike, it's still brand new and plenty good enough for any riding you're likely to do in the next year or two.

Road bikes from Giant and Focus seem to be good value.