Buying good road bike. Pinarello?

flbikergirl

Jul 5, 2006
I am curious to know everyones opinions on Pinarello. I am looking to get a good road bike and I really like the look and reputation of Pinarello.

Well first let me start with what I am doing.
I am relatively new to road biking. I have been riding mb for a while and have recently became interested in road. (My legs are getting very scarred from all the roots, rocks, trees that grab you when you ride over them. Plus I like speed) I have been riding my mb on road for a few months doing around 30 miles a ride. I am not sure what I will eventually do but I am doing distance and am competitive. So I want something that can win a sprint. I will probably also enter a race sometime in the near future. I would like a durable bike and something that is not squarrelly. As I said I am new to road biking so I am concerned I will have some difficulty with a thinner bike and new riding position. Basically, I am looking for a good all around bike with the potential of racing.

I am looking at the Pinarello Galileo with Ultegra group. I believe it is alum with carbon seatpost, seat stays, and forks. I'm sure I can get a good all around bike for relatively cheap but the potential racing is what I am paying for. I am looking at spending around $2000. Is there something else you would recommend? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A Scattante CFR is a few hundred cheaper and has a carbon frame with full Shimano Ultegra components. I have a Scattante 660 (aluminum frame, carbon seat post/fork/stay/full Ultegra), it's a nice bike. Pinarello's are great from what I have read. There are a lot of bikes out there.