buying in Atlanta

metropical

Jun 16, 2006
I'll be in ATL for an extended work stay. I'm looking for a good bike shop there to buy from. I haven't ridden my old Fuji 12 in several years but I'm in good shape for riding. Looking for a comfy ride bike that doesn't require being bent in half for hours.
At home, on a new bike, I'd probably get to ride 3 days a week.
Up to $1000.
Also, maybe some suggestions of where to ride in ATL?

metropical said:
I'll be in ATL for an extended work stay. I'm looking for a good bike shop there to buy from. I haven't ridden my old Fuji 12 in several years but I'm in good shape for riding. Looking for a comfy ride bike that doesn't require being bent in half for hours.
Up to $1000.
There are a few good shops with decent prices in the area. FreeFlite has three locations throughout the area. PerformanceBike also has three shops with their brands. You can check their websites for a bike you might like, then give them a call to see if they have in stock.

.....to add Roswell Bike is about a mile within Performance Bike shop so you have two places close together.

Roswell Bike:
Felt
Giant
Cannondale
Litespeed
Blue
Scott

Performance Bike:
Scattante
Giant
Fuji
Iron Horse
Terreno

Free Flite:
Trek
Orbea
Seven
Lemond
Gary Fisher
Klien

And if you are in Suburbia, on the west side of town is Bicycle Outfitters Racings. Great group of fellas with some hard core group rides. They carry Trek, Scott, Bianchi & some other brands. Just put GA road bike trails in a search engine & you'll get some good routes. I like Silk Sheets & the LBS has some local routes marked out. Happy riding!

metropical said:
Up to $1000.