Buying my first road bicycle

estrada425

Mar 7, 2010
Hi, I'm buying my first road bike, i rode a bunch this weekend. I have narrowed it down to the trek 2.1 with all 105 or specialized allez with all 105 or a Fuji team 2009 carbon with 105/ultegra. The fuji would normally be way out of my price range but its 09 and on sale for the same price as the trek. They all feel great to ride. I dont know anything about carbon bikes, so not sure if its good to get a lower end one or go with an aluminum. Any info is appreciated. thanks

FWIW, I would take advantage of the sale price on the FUJI.

While 105 components are nice, Ultegra components are marignally better; so, the mix of 105/Ultegra components would be reason enough to choose the Fuji even if the Fuji only had an alloy frame, IMO.

alfeng said:
FWIW, I would take advantage of the sale price on the FUJI.

While 105 components are nice, Ultegra components are marignally better; so, the mix of 105/Ultegra components would be reason enough to choose the Fuji even if the Fuji only had an alloy frame, IMO.

+1 on the Fuji.....

I really liked the fuji team. Its a very nice setup. My vote is for the Fuji.105/ultegra is nice and a full carbon frame for the same price as aluminum that sounds like a great deal.