Buying new bike: Trek 1000 or Scott Expert?

G

I am looking to buy a new bicycle and am looking at the Trek 1000 and the Scott Expert.

Can you guys recommend one above the other?

Scott USA Expert Speck:
weight » 10.00kg
frame » Scott Bi-Axial Lite 7005 Alloy Scott repl. D/out
fork » Scott Cr- Mo 4130 1-1/8" Integrated
rear der » Shimano Sora 24 Speed
front der » Shimano Sora
shifters » Shimano Sora Dual control Flight deck compatible
brakes » Alloy Dual Pivot w/performance brake pads
crankset » Ritchey Comp Road 30x42x52T
handlebar » Scott «Drop» Anatomic
stem » Scott AFD Pro 1 1/8" Double Bolt
pedal » none
seatpost » Scott AFD Comp
seat » Scott Road
hubs » Front: Scott Comp sealed 28 H
Rear: Scott Comp sealed 32 H
cassette » Shimano CS-HG50-8 13-25 T
spokes » 14G-CN-Racing, stainless silver
rims » Scott Comp CNC Double wall
tires » Road AFD K-191 700 x 23 C

Never heard of a Scott Expert. What are the specs of the bike?

I'm also looking for a new bike. The Scott looks good but I'm going for the Trek 1000 myself. I've been looking at entry-level bikes and it's definitely the one for me.
1000_lg_photo.jpg

the cycling touring club magazine gave high praise to the scott usa bike (£499) in its summer edition, and mentioned a trek bike, but it was in the dearer category, (abut £1000).

Originally posted by noel russell
the cycling touring club magazine gave high praise to the scott usa bike (£499) in its summer edition, and mentioned a trek bike, but it was in the dearer category, (abut £1000).
For that kind of money, it's a no brainer for the Scott. The Trek is the bottom of the barrel and also sora eqipped. Can be had for $450 US on clearance.

Originally posted by noel russell
At 1000 UKP, I don't quite think they were talking about the Trek 1000 in that review :D A random Google search in the UK for a Trek 1000 puts a typical price at 450 UKP.