Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Avanti Montari

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Kona ???

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

GamBiT

Jun 16, 2003
Iam hoping that someone maybe able to help me. I have just gotten rid of my Old Repco cheap bike and am looking for a real upgrade.
I have been looking all over Melbourne and the follwoing is a list of bikes that I like and think will do the job.
Iam looking for a bike that I can ride on the road (work and general get around) but also something I can take of road and do some bush tracks (railtrails, Fire tracks)nothing to hardcore.
Orginally I had thought of a budget around the $600-$700 but have moved up due being informed that this price doesnt have the bikes I need. I dont really need disc brakes (I think) and had thought of getting a bike with good running gear (deore Min Alivio) and good forks and rims.
So if someone can help me out with what they think of the bikes below or even another bike (I have not listed the Kona's).

2003 Diamond Back- Vectra Sports- $799
2003 GT Avalance 1.0 (disc Brakes)- $949
2003 Giant IGUANA - $999
2003 Giant YUKON - $799
2003 Avanti Montari-$999

Cheers
GamBiT

have a look in the trading post. its good some good prices on bikes.
and a lot of stortes are having sales on so have a look in them too.

i'd go for the giant iguana, one of the guys i ride with has it and its worked well for him at that price point

I would definitely look at the 2003 Giant IGUANA. I'm a huge fan of Giant. You get a great bike and for a pretty good price.

I have a Giant NRS2 and absolutely love it! It was about $250 cheaper that its Trek counterpart (nothing against Trek, they're great bikes, too).

Thanks for everyone's ideas.
In the end I bought a bike that I didnt even list. Picked up a Shogun PB team for $1100. Upgarde the shocks to u-turn dukes for $200. Really good solid bike.
Have to put a special thank you to Melbourne City Cylces. They were great, if you live in Melbourne there shop is a must.(http://www.melbournebicycle.com.au)
37 Queens Pde,
Clifton Hill,
Melbourne.
(03) 9489 5569