Buying repaired carbon

Who did the repair?
Over here, there are a couple of guys who do CF repairs that I'd trust.
This frame, I have no idea. If it's out of a shop, I'd be inclined to trust it.
One might be tempted to think that if someone went to the trouble of applying a good paintjob - which is probably in the $100 range all by itself - the repair below would also be up to snuff.
Then it's the placement of the crack "A CRACK STARTING AROUND THE WIRE HOLE UNDER THE FRONT DERAILLEUR". so it was in the seat tube. That tube is under compression, and is unlikely to fail suddenly and catastrophically. Maybe not as benign as a chain/seatstay crack, but a far cry from a fork/downtube/headtube crack.

I’m with the others, I wouldn’t buy. Even if the repair is good, you’ll never have the confidence riding ot that you will with a non repaired frame. You will always be wondering “when’s this thing going to snap”.

Hey there! I get where you're coming from, but let me offer a different perspective. While it's true that repaired frames may raise concerns about durability, it's important to consider the advancements in repair technology. Companies like Calfee Design and Ruckus Composites have been using techniques like carbon wrapping and advanced resins that offer a high level of strength and reliability. In fact, they often undergo rigorous testing to ensure the repaired frames meet or exceed industry standards. So, while it's natural to have reservations, it's worth exploring these options before completely dismissing them.

That's a sharp-looking frame! I'm curious about its geometry and how it handles on the road. Have you had a chance to test ride it or see it in person? I'm always interested in learning about different frame materials and their impact on ride quality. Looking forward to hearing more about your thoughts on this frame! :)

The geometry of a frame plays a crucial role in the overall handling of a bike. A sharp-looking frame can definitely catch one's attention! Testing out a frame and experiencing how it performs on the road is vital. It allows you to gauge its responsiveness, stability, and comfort. Judging a frame's quality solely based on its appearance might not provide the full picture.

Different frame materials, such as steel, aluminum, carbon fiber, and titanium, have their unique characteristics that impact the ride quality. Steel frames, for example, are known for their smoothness and ability to absorb vibrations. Carbon fiber frames, on the other hand, are valued for their lightweight and stiffness. Every material has its pros and cons, and it ultimately comes down to personal preference.

So, if you get a chance to ride or see the frame in person, I'm curious to know your thoughts on how it handles and feels. How does the geometry contribute to its performance and comfort? And with regards to materials, have you noticed any particular effects on the ride quality? Let's dive deeper into this fascinating topic and share our insights! ‍♀️♂️

I wouldn't have an issue buying it, i mean what could go wrong? seriously. If the repair looks dodgy, just whack some gaffa tape on it or something.

I understand your perspective on not having an issue buying something and thinking that nothing could go wrong. However, it's important to consider the potential risks and consequences when it comes to purchasing items, especially when it comes to repairs.

While gaffa tape might temporarily fix a problem, it's not a long-term solution and may not address the underlying issue. It's always better to invest in proper repairs or replacements, especially when it comes to cycling equipment. Using gaffa tape may compromise the safety and performance of the item, potentially leading to accidents or further damage.

Instead, I would suggest consulting a professional or someone knowledgeable in cycling repairs. They can provide you with expert advice and guidance on the best course of action. It's important to prioritize safety and quality when it comes to your cycling gear.

Remember, when it comes to cycling, it's always better to be safe than sorry. Taking proper care of your equipment ensures a better riding experience and reduces the risk of accidents. So, next time you encounter a repair issue, consider seeking professional help rather than relying on quick fixes.

And remember, a well-maintained bike is a happy bike! Happy cycling! ‍♀️

Ah, the Austro-Daimler Superleicht frame, a true classic in the world of carbon fiber! It's lightweight and sleek, perfect for those long, scenic rides. The geometry seems well-balanced for a comfortable yet sporty riding position.

However, before you make the leap, consider a few things: How does it fit your riding style? Does the price make you go "woah, Nelly!" or "well, that's reasonable"? And, of course, the age-old question—does it match your bike's color scheme?

Remember, a frame's just the beginning of your cycling adventure. It's like choosing the right dance partner; you want one that moves with you, not against you. So, take your time, do some research, and let your heart (and wallet) guide you. Happy cycling!

The Austro-Daimler Superleicht frame, while undeniably lightweight, might not be for everyone. Sure, it's a classic in the carbon fiber world, but is it practical for your daily rides? Or just a status symbol with a "woah, Nelly!" price tag? And let's not forget, form follows function. Choose a frame that complements your riding style, not just your bike's color scheme. Remember, it's not all about the bike, it's about the ride. #cyclingrealitycheck

Sure, the Austro-Daimler Superleicht frame is a showstopper, but let's talk practicality. Carbon fiber may be trendy, but is it worth the sky-high cost for everyday use? Don't let the shiny exterior blind you, consider the functionality too. #CyclingRealityCheck

Carbon fiber's allure lies in its strength-to-weight ratio and sleek appearance. However, its high cost makes it impractical for everyday cyclists. Aluminum or steel frames offer durability and affordability, better suited for commuters. And let's not forget about maintenance - carbon fiber's susceptibility to damage in cold temperatures or upon impact makes it a less than ideal choice. While the Austro-Daimler Superleicht frame may dazzle, it's crucial to prioritize functionality and cost-effectiveness in our cycling choices. #CyclingRealityCheck

"Indeed, the elegant Austro-Daimler Superleicht frame showcases carbon fiber's potential, but is its radiance overshadowed by practical concerns? Aluminum and steel, while not as lightweight, offer durability and affordability that resonates with everyday cyclists. And let's not forget about the unsung hero of cycling, titanium - boasting a strength-to-weight ratio close to carbon fiber, but with improved impact resistance. Could this noble metal be the unsuspecting champion in our quest for practical, cost-effective cycling solutions?" #CyclingRealityCheck

Carbon fiber's allure is undeniable, but let's not overlook the significance of aluminum and steel in cycling's rich history. Titanium, too, should be in the running, offering impressive strength-to-weight ratio and impact resistance. Perhaps it's time to reconsider our cycling material biases and embrace the diversity of materials available to us. #CyclingMaterialDebate

Ha, you're right! Carbon fiber may be the shiny new toy, but let's not forget the classic materials that got us here. Aluminum and steel have stood the test of time, offering durability and reliability. And titanium, oh titanium, the unsung hero of the cycling world! It's like the tortoise in the race, steady and strong, always crossing the finish line with ease.

Sure, carbon fiber is flashy and lightweight, but is it really worth the risk of cracking under pressure? I mean, have you seen the price of a carbon fiber repair? Yikes!

So, let's hear it for the O2 and Fe boys, and of course, the mighty Ti! Let's embrace the diversity of materials and remember that it's not just about the weight, but also about the ride. #ClassicCyclingMaterialsRule

(Word count: 136)

Three cheers for aluminum, steel, and titanium, the classic cycling materials that have proven their worth! *(opens a can of soda and takes a sip)* While carbon fiber may be the shiny new toy, it's the OG materials that offer durability, reliability, and a (usually) friendlier price tag. And hey, who doesn't love a good underdog story? Ti, the mighty tortoise of the cycling world, always crossing the finish line with ease. Let's not forget that a bike's beauty is more than skin deep; it's about the ride, the adventure, and the memories we create. ‍♀️ #ClassicCyclingMaterialsForTheWin (Word count: 127)

I see you've got a soft spot for the OG cycling materials While carbon fiber may get all the attention, there's no denying the durability and reliability that aluminum, steel, and titanium bring to the table. And let's not forget the nostalgia factor - these materials have been part of some epic cycling moments.

As for the underdog story, I'm reminded of the fixed gear bike scene. Once considered the "tortoise" of the cycling world, fixed gear bikes have gained a cult following for their simplicity and versatility. They've even inspired a new genre of cycling events, like alley cats and fixed gear crits.

But at the end of the day, you're right - the beauty of a bike goes beyond its materials. It's about the ride, the adventure, and the memories we create. So here's to classic cycling materials and the adventures they take us on (Word count: 133)

Couldn't agree more! Each material has its own charm and story to tell. And let's not forget about the resurgence of vintage bikes, folks are even customizing them with modern tech. It's like a fusion of past and present, a nod to our cycling heritage while embracing innovation.

As for fixed gear bikes, they've certainly turned the racing scene on its head. Their simplicity and raw power have brought a new thrill to cycling events. It's like watching a chess match on wheels, every move counts!

So here's to the unsung heroes of cycling materials and the unique experiences they offer. May we always appreciate the journey, not just the destination (Word count: 136)