Buying second-hand yak bob

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mads Hilberg, Jan 22, 2003.

  1. Mads Hilberg

    Mads Hilberg Guest

    Are there any particular problems/issues one should be aware of when purchasing a second-hand YAK
    BOB trailer (e.g. dodgy old versions etc)?

    Thanks,

    Mads

    Tags:

  2. Mlb

    Mlb Guest

    "Mads Hilberg" <[email protected]_trapdelaspam_hilberg.dk> wrote in news:b0fcco$11e8$1 @news.cybercity.dk:

    > Are there any particular problems/issues one should be aware of when purchasing a second-hand YAK
    > BOB trailer (e.g. dodgy old versions etc)?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mads

    I was looking at them and saw some references to the new improved hitch part (at some point) and
    some complaints about the old one. Sorry I can't be more specific. I'd do a 'google' search, see
    what comes up.

  3. Derek Swift

    Derek Swift Guest

    There is supposed to be issues with the wheels, the hitch system and some other minor things.

    Derek

    In article <[email protected]>, "Mads Hilberg" <[email protected]_trapdelaspam_hilberg.dk> wrote:

    > Are there any particular problems/issues one should be aware of when purchasing a second-hand YAK
    > BOB trailer (e.g. dodgy old versions etc)?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mads

  4. Mads Hilberg

    Mads Hilberg Guest

    Thanks for the tips. I've now bought a second-hand Yak Bob. It's got the old pin system, but I'm not
    too concerned as I won't be loading it to its max. It has all the parts (inc the bag) and a new XTR
    hub for the wheel (!). I paid 1000Dkr (=$140), so I'm quite happy with it so far. I'll let you all
    know how I get on when I cycle to the UK with it soon.

    Mads

    "Mads Hilberg" <[email protected]_trapdelaspam_hilberg.dk> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Are there any particular problems/issues one should be aware of when purchasing a second-hand YAK
    > BOB trailer (e.g. dodgy old versions etc)?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Mads

  5. I got hold of a second hand one (it came with the black bag) and have no problems just make sure you
    news:bentcruiser-67E2C4.20[email protected]...