Buying second-hand yak bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mads Hilberg

Are there any particular problems/issues one should be aware of when purchasing a second-hand YAK
BOB trailer (e.g. dodgy old versions etc)?

Thanks,

Mads

"Mads Hilberg" <mads@_trapdelaspam_hilberg.dk> wrote in news:b0fcco$11e8$1 @news.cybercity.dk:

> Are there any particular problems/issues one should be aware of when purchasing a second-hand YAK
> BOB trailer (e.g. dodgy old versions etc)?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mads
>
>

I was looking at them and saw some references to the new improved hitch part (at some point) and
some complaints about the old one. Sorry I can't be more specific. I'd do a 'google' search, see
what comes up.

There is supposed to be issues with the wheels, the hitch system and some other minor things.

Derek

In article <[email protected]>, "Mads Hilberg" <mads@_trapdelaspam_hilberg.dk> wrote:

> Are there any particular problems/issues one should be aware of when purchasing a second-hand YAK
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mads

Thanks for the tips. I've now bought a second-hand Yak Bob. It's got the old pin system, but I'm not
too concerned as I won't be loading it to its max. It has all the parts (inc the bag) and a new XTR
hub for the wheel (!). I paid 1000Dkr (=$140), so I'm quite happy with it so far. I'll let you all
know how I get on when I cycle to the UK with it soon.

Mads

"Mads Hilberg" <mads@_trapdelaspam_hilberg.dk> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mads

I got hold of a second hand one (it came with the black bag) and have no problems just make sure you
load it right. "Derek Swift" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> There is supposed to be issues with the wheels, the hitch system and some other minor things.
>
> Derek
>
>
> In article <[email protected]>, "Mads Hilberg"
> <mads@_trapdelaspam_hilberg.dk> wrote:
>
> > Are there any particular problems/issues one should be aware of when purchasing a second-hand
> > YAK BOB trailer (e.g. dodgy old versions etc)?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Mads
> >

Status
Not open for further replies.