buying specialized chainrings

lubaloo

Guest
can anyone recommend a good online retailler to buy 5 arm, not compact,
specialized chainrings?

I have almost finished my rebuild of my specialized rock combo, thanks
for all the advice here. Will post a pic when it's finished.

lubaloo wrote:
> can anyone recommend a good online retailler to buy 5 arm, not compact,
> specialized chainrings?

Does it have to be a specialized branded one, or any one which will
fit?

...d

> I have almost finished my rebuild of my specialized rock combo, thanks
> for all the advice here. Will post a pic when it's finished.

In article <[email protected]>,
lubaloo ([email protected]) wrote:
> can anyone recommend a good online retailler to buy 5 arm, not compact,
> specialized chainrings?
>
> I have almost finished my rebuild of my specialized rock combo, thanks
> for all the advice here. Will post a pic when it's finished.

I usually use TA replacement rings and get 'em from Settle Cycles:

<URL:http://www.settlecycles.co.uk/shop/list.asp?tid=151>

Dead journalists make excellent objets d'art.

lubaloo came up with the following;:
> can anyone recommend a good online retailler to buy 5 arm, not compact,
> specialized chainrings?
>
> I have almost finished my rebuild of my specialized rock combo, thanks
> for all the advice here. Will post a pic when it's finished.

A lot would depend upon what cranks / bb are fitted.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

any will do but would like black!

it's a specialized crank from a 1988 Rock Combo

cheers

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> lubaloo wrote:
> > can anyone recommend a good online retailler to buy 5 arm, not compact,
> > specialized chainrings?
> >

> Does it have to be a specialized branded one, or any one which will
> fit?

A friend has a Specialized full suss mtb with their own branded chainset,
IIRC there is something odd about it meaning he had to buy S'd replacement
rings.
However, if I'm wrong try these:
www.chainreactioncycles.com/Categories.aspx?CategoryID=160

--
Pete
http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/Stuff

On 12 Jan 2006 08:39:20 -0800, "lubaloo" <[email protected]> wrote:

>any will do but would like black!
>
>it's a specialized crank from a 1988 Rock Combo
>
>cheers

I agree with Dave Larrington TA Specialites would be a very good choice for
replacement chainrings and they are available in black.

http://www.specialites-ta.com/produits/plateaux_gb.htm

distributed by chickens

http://www.chickencycles.co.uk/products/chainrings/index.html

available from settle and wiggle and many LBS

http://www.settle-cycles.co.uk

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Manufacturer.aspx?W=0&Cat=cycle&Manufacturer=TA&CategoryName=Chainrings

"Ian Blake" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 12 Jan 2006 08:39:20 -0800, "lubaloo" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>any will do but would like black!
>>
>>it's a specialized crank from a 1988 Rock Combo
>>
>>cheers

> I agree with Dave Larrington TA Specialites would be a very good choice
> for
> replacement chainrings and they are available in black.
>
> http://www.specialites-ta.com/produits/plateaux_gb.htm
>
> distributed by chickens
>
> http://www.chickencycles.co.uk/products/chainrings/index.html
>
> available from settle and wiggle and many LBS
>
> http://www.settle-cycles.co.uk
>
> http://www.wiggle.co.uk/Manufacturer.aspx?W=0&Cat=cycle&Manufacturer=TA&CategoryName=Chainrings

Spa Cycles carry a good range and are usually the cheapest. Last time I
looked their website was fairly crappy but they are always very helpful on
the phone.

HTH
Julia

Ian Blake wrote:
> I agree with Dave Larrington TA Specialites would be a very good choice for
> replacement chainrings and they are available in black.
>
> http://www.specialites-ta.com/produits/plateaux_gb.htm
>
> distributed by chickens

So if there is a major outbreak of bird flu they might be a bit hard to
find.

I'll get my coat.

Mike

"Mike K Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ian Blake wrote:
> > I agree with Dave Larrington TA Specialites would be a very good choice

for
> > replacement chainrings and they are available in black.
> >
> > http://www.specialites-ta.com/produits/plateaux_gb.htm
> >
> > distributed by chickens

> So if there is a major outbreak of bird flu they might be a bit hard to
> find.

LOL :)

Imagine the scene as dozens of serious chickens head out from the depot each
morning with a bag of chainrings, priceless!

Pete