Buzzword compliance

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by till!, Feb 18, 2005.

  1. till!

    till! New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2004
    I noticed a bike on ebay that came with some puzzling features Im not familiar with. It turns out this one is "Double Buttered". Naturally being interested in bike tech, I sought clarification from the seller. Their reply follows.

    Dear <XXXXX>,

    "Could you explain about the "double buttering" a bit more?"

    double buttered is a process used to strengthen tubing, as well as the crmolly alloy they use a special coating on the tubing to give it more strength, some use it on the outside of the tube, some outside and inside and some double outside and inside, in the case of this peugeot its used on the outside and inside of the tubes

    After reading that, Im no longer sure which of us was taking the piss anymore?

    till

    Tags:

  2. till! wrote:

    > I noticed a bike on ebay that came with some puzzling features Im not
    > familiar with. It turns out this one is "Double Buttered". Naturally
    > being interested in bike tech, I sought clarification from the seller.
    > Their reply follows.
    >
    > Dear <XXXXX>,
    >
    > "Could you explain about the "double buttering" a bit more?"
    >
    > double buttered is a process used to strengthen tubing, as well as the
    > crmolly alloy they use a special coating on the tubing to give it more
    > strength, some use it on the outside of the tube, some outside and
    > inside and some double outside and inside, in the case of this peugeot
    > its used on the outside and inside of the tubes
    >
    > After reading that, Im no longer sure which of us was taking the piss
    > anymore?
    >
    > till

    LOL! I love the seller's interpretation, but it's not quite accurate -
    the term is "butted":
    http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_bo-z.html

  3. Gags

    Gags Guest

    "till!" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > I noticed a bike on ebay that came with some puzzling features Im not
    > familiar with. It turns out this one is "Double Buttered". Naturally
    > being interested in bike tech, I sought clarification from the seller.
    > Their reply follows.
    >
    > Dear <XXXXX>,
    >
    > "Could you explain about the "double buttering" a bit more?"
    >
    > double buttered is a process used to strengthen tubing, as well as the
    > crmolly alloy they use a special coating on the tubing to give it more
    > strength, some use it on the outside of the tube, some outside and
    > inside and some double outside and inside, in the case of this peugeot
    > its used on the outside and inside of the tubes
    >
    > After reading that, Im no longer sure which of us was taking the piss
    > anymore?
    >
    > till

    Touche......I think you have been "out pisstaken"

    Gags

  4. NickZX6R

    NickZX6R Guest

    Gags wrote:
    > "till!" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>I noticed a bike on ebay that came with some puzzling features Im not
    >>familiar with. It turns out this one is "Double Buttered". Naturally
    >>being interested in bike tech, I sought clarification from the seller.
    >>Their reply follows.
    >>
    >>Dear <XXXXX>,
    >>
    >>"Could you explain about the "double buttering" a bit more?"
    >>
    >>double buttered is a process used to strengthen tubing, as well as the
    >>crmolly alloy they use a special coating on the tubing to give it more
    >>strength, some use it on the outside of the tube, some outside and
    >>inside and some double outside and inside, in the case of this peugeot
    >>its used on the outside and inside of the tubes
    >>
    >>After reading that, Im no longer sure which of us was taking the piss
    >>anymore?
    >>
    >>till
    >>

    > Touche......I think you have been "out pisstaken"
    >
    > Gags

    Agreed.

    So, if double buttered is coating on the inside and outside of the
    tubes, then what would triple buttered be?

    Personally, I'd rather peanut buttered.

    --
    Nick