Not sure if anyone has posted.. but I'll do it again...

From 6am to midday on Sunday 12 March, Kew Boulevard will be closed to all motorised traffic, providing an ideal opportunity for cyclists to have a hit-out on one of Victoria's most popular riding circuits.
Date: Sunday 12 March 2006
Where: Yarra Boulevard, Kew (Mel Ref 44 K1)
When: 6am - midday

8am-10am is the 12km ITT (registration has now closed) so get down there and cheer me on while I turn myself inside out to chase down/drop doodles in full TT setup... :)

Anyone else get in before rego closed?

On 2006-03-11, gplama (aka Bruce)
> Anyone else get in before rego closed?

No one going to do a BR tomorrow? I don't know yet what the outcome
of my "stick my head out the door to determine whether it's too
freaking hot to ride today" test will be in the morning. If that test
passes, I will be on the BR. Might turn up to the bouli later.

When's summer going to end, dagnamit!?

--
TimC
When some other esteemed editor reposts this, it'll be the Periodic

gplama said:
Not sure if anyone has posted.. but I'll do it again...

From 6am to midday on Sunday 12 March, Kew Boulevard will be closed to all motorised traffic, providing an ideal opportunity for cyclists to have a hit-out on one of Victoria's most popular riding circuits.
Date: Sunday 12 March 2006
Where: Yarra Boulevard, Kew (Mel Ref 44 K1)
When: 6am - midday

8am-10am is the 12km ITT (registration has now closed) so get down there and cheer me on while I turn myself inside out to chase down/drop doodles in full TT setup... :)

Anyone else get in before rego closed?

I intend to do the TT tommorrow. As I'm not doing the BR, I made up for it with 103km today, which included TT the bouli, 36 min of the crit course (34.4 av), then down to Albert Park to do a 24 km TT along the back straight

PS can someone get a hacksaw and cut down that damn branch, I attempted a bit of 'pruning' today, at least I can duck through now...but a taller rider would still get decapitated if they sucked my wheel :)

essendon93 said:
I intend to do the TT tommorrow. As I'm not doing the BR, I made up for it with 103km today, which included TT the bouli, 36 min of the crit course (34.4 av), then down to Albert Park to do a 24 km TT along the back straight

PS can someone get a hacksaw and cut down that damn branch, I attempted a bit of 'pruning' today, at least I can duck through now...but a taller rider would still get decapitated if they sucked my wheel :)

I'm doin the TT and playing 'ernest owl boardmember' :D
oh, and there's free coffee!!!
34.4 ave by yourself sounds like a bag of hurt.
might see if I can get down there in the arvo with the bowsaw...

did i mention free coffee:)))

F"booties anyone???"Dutch

gplama said:
Not sure if anyone has posted.. but I'll do it again...

From 6am to midday on Sunday 12 March, Kew Boulevard will be closed to all motorised traffic, providing an ideal opportunity for cyclists to have a hit-out on one of Victoria's most popular riding circuits.
Date: Sunday 12 March 2006
Where: Yarra Boulevard, Kew (Mel Ref 44 K1)
When: 6am - midday

8am-10am is the 12km ITT (registration has now closed) so get down there and cheer me on while I turn myself inside out to chase down/drop doodles in full TT setup... :)

Anyone else get in before rego closed?

Well...I applaud BV for doing a closed road again...would love that to be a regular thing , say initially once a month, a different road each time across the city...

Next time something up around Melb Uni, or even a loop along the Yarra in close to the domain...and Beach Road from Black Rock to Mordy or St Kilda to Sandy... Plenty of choices...

Also...now I know its great to geta road in a park made car free and that in itself is a plus...but has anyone really ever considered that road a good one to ride on...the surface I mean...I am told, and correct me if I'm wrong but that once there was a perfectly good surface of hotmix on Kew Blvde and that it is been covered over with Blue metal to "slow things down"... well I know my bone jarred jaw is still chattering and thank heavens for my carbon bits that took most of the impacts today...

Before the ride along KBlvde I rode Black Rock to Frankston and places beyond... the road surface was generally smooth, well kept and safe..., sure there were a few sections of blue metal here and there, but generally a fine road, no cruddy jarring...FWIW, doubt I will be too keen to venture back to Kewie...great idea, tremendous place for quiet stroll or a nicpic and snooze...but not a riding pleasure!

rooman said:
Well...I applaud BV for doing a closed road again...would love that to be a regular thing , say initially once a month, a different road each time across the city...

they just got signoff to do 4 more there.
and bendigo.
Albert Park Lake is n the cards once Cgames goes away
Section of beach rd has been talked about but the large number of entering roads makes it a logistical nightmare...
1:20 is also being considered...

rooman said:
Next time something up around Melb Uni, or even a loop along the Yarra in close to the domain...and Beach Road from Black Rock to Mordy or St Kilda to Sandy... Plenty of choices...

BV are asking for suggestions on their website at the moment
http://www.bv.com.au/inform.php?a=5&b=1910&c=1911

rooman said:
[...]

It hasnt been resurfaced (ASFAIK) for way too long.
whispers of it not being far off tho have been heard...
They put the rough-centre strip in it to make it lessa tractive to the Motorbikers which is great for cyclists, but shite for Mbikers...

On 2006-03-12, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

> rooman Wrote:
>> Well...I applaud BV for doing a closed road again...would love that to
>> be a regular thing , say initially once a month, a different road each
>> time across the city...

> they just got signoff to do 4 more there.
> and bendigo.
> Albert Park Lake is n the cards once Cgames goes away
> Section of beach rd has been talked about but the large number of
> entering roads makes it a logistical nightmare...
> 1:20 is also being considered...

Ooh! Oooooh!

On the 1:20, they would want to fix up that man^Wperson-hole cover 2/3
of the way down. 1 inch dips are *ouch* when doing 60km/h. I saw
everyone deviate from it, but my line was chosen, and I ended up
clipping the side.

Also: I hate being gravitationally[1] challenged. I tried chasing
down Craigster, but in the end I just lacked power. So I was by
myself (and in the end, one other guy who I passed), then a bunch of 4
absolutely flew past. It was a real struggle sprinting to catch up
with them out of several corners.

[1] I really tried fixing that today. Escargot, 3 muffins, a
shortbread bikkie (thanks Bikesoiler!). The escargot was *way* better
than the ones I can get near work[2].
[2] Might have to start not reffering to this place as "work" if I
stay at the (paid) job. Hey, did I mention that citybikes is just
around the corner from Bennett's Lane?

--
TimC
I'm not a procrastinator! I'm temporally challenged! --unknown

carn' BV.. post the times!!!

HRM stats which I'm sure will differ -+ to the RFID "timing"....

Time: 18:25
Avg Spd: 39.1
Avg HR: 181
Avg Cadence: 100
149m climbed

Good event and I've ridden the boulie enough to know which (smooth) lines to pick... Hey Ess, you missed out on a few free boxes of those power bar thingys (not the normal powerbars).. I'm now stocked for the next month

RR once times are posted..

cheers,
GPL

gplama said:
carn' BV.. post the times!!!

HRM stats which I'm sure will differ -+ to the RFID "timing"....

Time: 18:25
Avg Spd: 39.1
Avg HR: 181
Avg Cadence: 100
149m climbed

Good event and I've ridden the boulie enough to know which (smooth) lines to pick... Hey Ess, you missed out on a few free boxes of those power bar thingys (not the normal powerbars).. I'm now stocked for the next month

RR once times are posted..

cheers,
GPL
Is it the Pria Powerbars, chocolate cookie ones? Just looking at the expiry date....Jan 6 this year. Only got 2 weeks to eat the PowerGels before they're out of date also.

At a guess, I think I was around 19:55, which would make it about 36.1, but forgot to stop the watch so its a guess. That time will do for a first crack I suppose.

I want another go BV, so bring on another TT :)

essendon93 said:
Is it the Pria Powerbars, chocolate cookie ones? Just looking at the expiry date....Jan 6 this year.

Thems the ones... I'd rather die eating off Powerbars than pay $4.fuskingsomething for 6 Uncle Rippoff bars! heh

cheers,
GPL

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:39:26 +1100, gplama wrote:

> Thems the ones... I'd rather die eating off Powerbars

Powerbars go off?!

I've got a Gu in my bag whose age is indeterminate, but I'm fairly sure
it's over 3 years old, and it was nearing its use-by when I got it. Still
beats being stuck in the middle of nowhere sans energy.

Clif Bars can go off about 6 months after the use-by, but aren't available
locally.

--
Dave Hughes | [email protected]
"I've found that nurturing one's Zen nature is vital to dealing with

gplama said:
SNIP...

From 6am to midday on Sunday 12 March, Kew Boulevard will be closed to all motorised traffic, providing an ideal opportunity for cyclists to have a hit-out on one of Victoria's most popular riding circuits.
Date: Sunday 12 March 2006
Where: Yarra Boulevard, Kew (Mel Ref 44 K1)
When: 6am - midday

SNIP...
just an inane q?...

when did Yarra Blvde become Kew Blvde?

is it a parallel universe we ride in?...maybe that explains why my utopian vision of no cagers, ripe melons and 50 virgins per klm arn' t so glaringly obvious to my senses!!!...

but at least there is Goat in this one...I can do without the wine and honey for a while!!

rooman said:
just an inane q?...

when did Yarra Blvde become Kew Blvde?

No idea... I assume they refer to it as 'Kew' to stop confusion with the other 'Yarra Bvd' in Richmond/Burnley.

PS. CMON BV POST THOSE TIMES... grrRrrrrr $10 grrRRr

rooman wrote:

> Also...now I know its great to geta road in a park made car free and
> that in itself is a plus...but has anyone really ever considered that
> road a good one to ride on...the surface I mean...I am told, and
> correct me if I'm wrong but that once there was a perfectly good
> surface of hotmix on Kew Blvde and that it is been covered over with
> Blue metal to "slow things down"... well I know my bone jarred jaw is
> still chattering and thank heavens for my carbon bits that took most of
> the impacts today...

You bloody sook! Sure you're not really a trackie? :)

Bleve said:
rooman wrote:

> Also...now I know its great to geta road in a park made car free and
> that in itself is a plus...but has anyone really ever considered that
> road a good one to ride on...the surface I mean...I am told, and
> correct me if I'm wrong but that once there was a perfectly good
> surface of hotmix on Kew Blvde and that it is been covered over with
> Blue metal to "slow things down"... well I know my bone jarred jaw is
> still chattering and thank heavens for my carbon bits that took most of
> the impacts today...

You bloody sook! Sure you're not really a trackie? :)
yeah I'm a sook, when I want to be!!...it was just about as bad as the bay crits course in the Bot gardens at Geelong, the lower straight...lousey....lousey and lousey

I was just bu.....d after a long ride earlier and not in the groove for a **** surface like that ! but the free muffin helped ease vibrating mandibles

"Hi Lama,

We have just received the results of the Time Trial and they should be posted on the website (www.bv.com.au) by 5pm today.

Thanks,
Customer Response - Bicycle Victoria"

gplama said:
"Hi Lama,

We have just received the results of the Time Trial and they should be posted on the website (www.bv.com.au) by 5pm today.

Thanks,
Customer Response - Bicycle Victoria"

well, i asked for my time to 'be tweaked' (hey, i gotta get SOME privileges, right?!?!?!?) so expect me to post a sub 10min time :D

BV site update - "Thank you to all who came along to last weekend's car-free circuit at Kew Boulevard. Time trial results will be available here from Thursday 16 March."

GRRRRRRRRr.. this is killing me... someone tell me they simply screwed up the times and simply dont have them....

gplama said:
BV site update - "Thank you to all who came along to last weekend's car-free circuit at Kew Boulevard. Time trial results will be available here from Thursday 16 March."

GRRRRRRRRr.. this is killing me... someone tell me they simply screwed up the times and simply dont have them....

oh, this is fun :D
gonna email Kate and get her to add a minute onto yer time :D:D:D