By 'eck, that were close...

"General Easterly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Fuel tanks falls off Harrier Jet and misses cyclist by inches.
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4589508.stm
>
> Should have been wearing a h*lm*t, then he wouldn't have had to worry,
> what with the magic properties one gives you. :)

very funny! Not
I try not to enter the helmet debate and I am aware of the limitations of
its protection. However I wear my helmet whenever I am astride my bike ( and
several times when I have forgotten I have it on) .
But with young people / children in low speed / fooling around / learning
situations it has to be a good idea

In Winter I wear mine to keep my head warm and dry and to carry an extra
powerful LED light; and the bright yellow cover might mean I can be seen.

And yes "mi lud" I was wearing a helmet when that man in the motorised metal
box hit me!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 01:05:13 +0000, Pinky wrote:

> "General Easterly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Fuel tanks falls off Harrier Jet and misses cyclist by inches.
>>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4589508.stm
>>
>> Should have been wearing a h*lm*t, then he wouldn't have had to worry,
>> what with the magic properties one gives you. :)
>>

> very funny! Not

Come on. It is funny (as the bloke was OK).
A spare pair of shorts would probably have been more use though.

And your comments on helmets are perfectly valid.
What the argument is about is compulsion to wear them, not you
choosing to wear one when you feel it appropriate.

in message <[email protected]>, Pinky
('[email protected]') wrote:

[helmets]

> But with young people / children in low speed / fooling around /
> learning situations it has to be a good idea

Absolutely. Don't think anyone would disagree with that. Also a lot of
off-road stuff.

((DoctorWho)ChristopherEccleston).act();
uk.co.bbc.TypecastException: actor does not want to be typecast.
[adapted from autofile on /., 31/03/05]

John Hearns <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting

>And your comments on helmets are perfectly valid.
>What the argument is about is compulsion to wear them, not you
>choosing to wear one when you feel it appropriate.

He's even welcome to wear one as a security blanket or with a cuddly toy
dragon attached - so long as he doesn't expect me to do likewise.

If the helmets were really intended as protection you wouldn't see so
many people wearing a woolly hat underneath them, which prevents them
fitting properly.

--
Sue ]:(:)

Why is it always the helmet wearer that dies?

"Sue White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> John Hearns <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting
>>
>>And your comments on helmets are perfectly valid.
>>What the argument is about is compulsion to wear them, not you
>>choosing to wear one when you feel it appropriate.
>>

> He's even welcome to wear one as a security blanket or with a cuddly toy
> dragon attached - so long as he doesn't expect me to do likewise.
>
> If the helmets were really intended as protection you wouldn't see so many
> people wearing a woolly hat underneath them, which prevents them fitting
> properly.
>
> --
> Sue ]:(:)
>
> Why is it always the helmet wearer that dies?

I never even asked you to wear one. It is your choice as it is mine. You are
verging on being extremely impolite -- which I was not in any way!.

May I add fuel to your fire by saying that your "over the top" response
tends to be typical of the anti helmet brigade. Which is the very reason
that I normally refrain from entering into the usual diatribe that occurs
when helmets are ranted on about.

I am not in favour of compulsion but I am in favour of doing what I believe
to be in MY ( --- my --- not your) interests.

I shall not post any more in response to this.

Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
England, United Kingdom.

Pinky wrote:

> I shall not post any more in response to this.

That's it. Get your cheap shot in then run off.

--
Dave...

Pinky wrote:
> "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

>>That's it. Get your cheap shot in then run off.

> \ /
> \ /
> \/ to you too

Thank you for confirming my opinion of you.

(Top posting corrected.)

--
Dave...

"Pinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Sue White" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> John Hearns <[email protected]> whizzed past me shouting
>>>
>>>And your comments on helmets are perfectly valid.
>>>What the argument is about is compulsion to wear them, not you
>>>choosing to wear one when you feel it appropriate.
>>>

>> He's even welcome to wear one as a security blanket or with a cuddly toy
>> dragon attached - so long as he doesn't expect me to do likewise.
>>
>> If the helmets were really intended as protection you wouldn't see so
>> many people wearing a woolly hat underneath them, which prevents them
>> fitting properly.
>>
>> --
>> Sue ]:(:)
>>
>> Why is it always the helmet wearer that dies?
>>

> I never even asked you to wear one. It is your choice as it is mine. You
> are verging on being extremely impolite -- which I was not in any way!.
>
> May I add fuel to your fire by saying that your "over the top" response
> tends to be typical of the anti helmet brigade. Which is the very reason
> that I normally refrain from entering into the usual diatribe that occurs
> when helmets are ranted on about.
>
> I am not in favour of compulsion but I am in favour of doing what I
> believe to be in MY ( --- my --- not your) interests.
>
> I shall not post any more in response to this.

Good!

Alan