By the way, I still love going out very early in the morning.

MotownBikeBoy

Nov 24, 2012
Been back to cycling a lot more in the past couple of weeks, and it feels great. I really like going out around four to four thirty in the morning. Gives me a couple of good hours to get a good ride in before I have to go to work.

The peaceful atmosphere is the best part -- no one walking three poodles on the safety path with tangled leashes, no one cruising way too fast down the road and then cursing me out because I'm on a bike and have the audacity to take up their lane, it's usually cool and great conditions for riding, still can see stars and the moon and then watch the dawn break and the sun come up some days.

How can you beat that?

Reactions: haleylx4
Agreed I am finding early weekend mornings are great for me to ride- the nuts are still sleeping.

Hmmm yeah it can be beautiful that time of the morning. Getting enough sleep is still important. You must be asleep by 9pm or something like this. You need 7-10 hours recovery sleep if you are doing any kind of big distance.

Riding a bike at night or the very early hours of the morning is the thing I do most often. It seriously an amazing feeling to be out there while the sun is rising and seeing all the lovely colours on the horizon as the sun breaks. Simply beautiful.

I agree that early in the morning or very late at night it is really an enjoyment to ride a bike since there is very little traffic. Although I rarely bicycle in the morning since i prefer sleeping.

I'm not much of a morning person, but being up and around to watch the sun rise with all the lovely colours on the horizon make it all worth it.

There has been a number of lovely looking sunrises in the past few days and I wish I had the opportunity to go on a ride at the time.

Yes! I love to be outside on early mornings, everything is so different then. Like the town itself is sleeping, the lines are all yours!

cycle93 said:
Yes! I love to be outside on early mornings, everything is so different then. Like the town itself is sleeping, the lines are all yours!
The best time I experienced was around 3:30am on a Sunday morning last May. It was light outside, birds were singing and yet it seemed as if I was the only person around for miles.

I rode out to an abandoned airfield and had a look around one of the abandoned aircraft left there. I think I was there for about 2 hours, 1 spent looking around the aircraft and the other just idly cycling around the ghostly facilities taking in the sights and I swear that experience has been one time where I've felt completely relaxed and calm.

That morning was just beautiful and one I don't think I will ever forget.

It is basically the only way to get me up at 7 am. 5 years ago I would have called myself crazy for doing it, but that fresh morning air after 10+ mile warm up makes me feel like I am really getting something done with my day.

Early morning rides at the weekend especially,are my main way to relax to be honest. Just a bit of time to myself before the rest of the world wakes up (and my kids)

Going for a ride for an hour in the early morning feels totally different than going for an hour in the evening for some reason, and while I enjoy both, I do prefer the morning.

Yeah I've noticed the morning has a totally different feel compared to the evening.

The only thing I can connect it to is the world is winding down in the evening so there's still activity going on, where-as in the early mornings it's like the world is still asleep and peaceful.

Whatever it is, I just love an early morning ride.

Reactions: pwarbi
The weather in the morning is so much cooler too here where I live now that it's Fall. It starts to get hot by about 10 am, so I like early morning rides with the cool breeze. It's so relaxing and refreshing. Great way to get the day started.

I think @Susimi is probably right, the early morning the world is just waking up so it's the freshness of the new day that contributes to the enjoyment.

It is, and the small features of the early morning are something I think everyone needs to experience at least once in their life. The early morning crisp sunshine, the early morning mist floating over the fields, it's all really amazing to experience.

Of course I think you'll only enjoy them things if your an early morning person to start off with. Some people are more night owls and prefer to go for a ride late at night or even early hours of the morning so in that respect I guess it's down to the individual.

One of the best things for me about cycling is the freedom you can get, so whenever you go, that's one thing that never changes.

My favorite times of the day to ride are dawn and sunset, I love those times of the day.

pwarbi said:
Of course I think you'll only enjoy them things if your an early morning person to start off with. Some people are more night owls and prefer to go for a ride late at night or even early hours of the morning so in that respect I guess it's down to the individual.

One of the best things for me about cycling is the freedom you can get, so whenever you go, that's one thing that never changes.
Haha trust me, I am not a morning person in the slightest. I am more of a night owl than anything.

The times I have been out in the very early hours of the morning have been through choice mainly because I wanted to ride around and have a look at the abandoned airfield I said about with minimal chance of other people being around.

I'm still not a morning person, but experiencing that is something I don't regret in the slightest :)

Riding in the night is not pleasant for me, only in the sunset time, that is something I love.