By the way, I still love going out very early in the morning.

I love to ride in the morning as well. Something about the clean, morning air makes me feel so alert and happy. Especially now that fall is here, I love the colors, I love the cold morning air and I love the sunrise in the morning.

I think whenever you go cycling, it doesn't matter when you'll always get something out of it.

I know people that go riding at all times of day and night these days, depending on when they can fit it in around their schedule.

Carnold23 said:
I love to ride in the morning as well. Something about the clean, morning air makes me feel so alert and happy. Especially now that fall is here, I love the colors, I love the cold morning air and I love the sunrise in the morning.
These early morning mists and foggy mornings give it an atmosphere that you just don't get during the spring and summer. I don't know if it's just me that feels like this, but I find riding along a road flanked by fields, just as the sun is coming up and the fields are coated with a mist hanging over them, to be very eerie but in a sort of good way.

I prefer to ride early in the mornings but only on weekends. During any work week, the roads are hectic in the morning. Folks are rushing to drop off their kids at school and/or riding to work. This is also the time the majority of accidents happen. It's definitely a dangerous period to be doing any cycling. But when the weekend comes around, most folks sleep in late and the roads are nice and quiet. :)

Man, early morning rides are fun! Before I quit my job and started as a freelancer, I lived pretty far away from my workplace, but I always rode my bike there and I sometimes got intentionally early and went to work using a longer path, the one that led by the river... Those were highlights of my days.

Riding in the early morning and at the end of the day are the best hours as far as I see it because everything is more still and there are less people on the streets. Also, the luminosity is the best.

bykster said:
Man, early morning rides are fun! Before I quit my job and started as a freelancer, I lived pretty far away from my workplace, but I always rode my bike there and I sometimes got intentionally early and went to work using a longer path, the one that led by the river... Those were highlights of my days.
Your avatar pic is the type of scenes I love of an early morning or evening. I went for an early morning ride today and the way the sky was was just beautiful.

Maybe it's just me, but I can be having a pretty rubbish day but when I'm greeted with sights like that of a beautiful sunset it kinda makes me feel that things are not that bad, you know?

Susimi said:
Your avatar pic is the type of scenes I love of an early morning or evening. I went for an early morning ride today and the way the sky was was just beautiful.

Maybe it's just me, but I can be having a pretty rubbish day but when I'm greeted with sights like that of a beautiful sunset it kinda makes me feel that things are not that bad, you know?
Well now I feel really bad since it's a screenshot from a video game :D

I often have trouble with insomnia and being up at 5 or 6 AM is nothing strange to me. I have so many beautiful photographs of scenes such as these, caught when I'm doing one of my "Well, this day sucked and tomorrow will suck even harder, but maybe if I see that morning sun, I'll feel better" rides.

bykster said:
Well now I feel really bad since it's a screenshot from a video game :D

I often have trouble with insomnia and being up at 5 or 6 AM is nothing strange to me. I have so many beautiful photographs of scenes such as these, caught when I'm doing one of my "Well, this day sucked and tomorrow will suck even harder, but maybe if I see that morning sun, I'll feel better" rides.
Haha, I figured it might have been from an anime or video game but it still looks beautiful :D

I wish I still had some of the old pictures I've taken of my rides. I had one where the sky was an orange and everything in the picture was dark and you could also see the silhouettes of buildings against the sky. It was seriously amazing.

I also love going out early in the morning because I find that i'm more in the mood to work when I get back home and I accomplish more for the day. However, I haven't been going out recently as my companion is away. Right now i'm missing the morning freshness and freedom so I guess i'll have to figure out a way to do it by myself or find new company.