Bye

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
I think I am done here. Flyer has chased off enough posters that there is no longer enough people to maintain much of a conversation. The moderator clearly does not give a **** about it. There are better places to kill some time.

You are right. We shouldn't need to sift through constant spam to read Not only do we have to read the spam, we also have to read the other member's responses to spam.

I am done too until something gets fixed.

Hope to see you in a better place and good luck with your ultra-marathoning.

Bye.

Frigo

I guess I should add that I don't mean to be pissy about it, but the value here is no longer high enough to justify dealing with the troll. What the eventual end result would be was obvious before the TdF and I brought it up, but the majority of members seemed to think the situation was tolerable and even amusing. The majority spoke, I suppose, so what can you do? The end result is now upon us. Where all those member are who thought Flyer's Finale was enlightening and funny are, I don't know. They certainly are not posting here.

My bid to make a change failed and I am not willing to try it again. I thought I would provide a thread for others to voice their opinions of the situation, and hopefully it will provide some ammunition for those who are willing stick around and fight the good fight.

It has been fun.
C'ya and keep the rubber side down.

I think you might be taking an unduly pessimistic view.

People come and go from online forums all the time and what we are seeing at present may be nothing more than a seasonal hiatus - the Grand Tours are over, the season is winding down, so there isn't much to discuss any more.

Also, it has been my experience that with the exception of a few core "diehards" most people tend to contribute fairly inconsistently. So they might post frequently for a while and then disappear for several months and then come back again. That is the nature of online forums.

I think you should go do something else for a while and just check the forums occasionally to see what's happening. Things will no doubt pick up again.

Although I do agree that allowing every thread to deteriorate into a debate about doping does become tedious after a while. If I were the moderator, there are a number of posts and threads which would have been moved straight to the doping subforum.

I'm with the OP. I'm outa here.

I may check in here at the start of the new season. I sense that it has to get really bad (like pro-cycling) before any real action is taken.

Flyer is bad enough but both him and Huis (House) going back and forth in arguments totally unrelated to the thread is too much.

It was real nice for a week without these spammers, but alas, apparently bans are only on usernames in this forum. Seems pointless to ban at all when a user can come back in three days under a new alias. A chipmunk could connect all the aliases Flyer has used since his ban as they're the most idiosynchraticly styled posts ever seen on any forum.

I've got a new project however. Plan A is that now that I have Flyer's full name and contact details, I may be letting LA, LAF, and Nike know how they can find him I suppose. Now since Flyer no longer resides on this forum ostensibly, and he was the one who bragged about himself and revealed his name himself, he shouldn't have any complaints, since he himself made his identity public knowledge.

Hopefully I'll be able to reconnect with friends and admired posters later if you're still here including yourself Bro Deal, and earth dweller, Klodifan, thoughtforfood, JHuskey, Matagi, Felt Rider, Frigo, nns1400, Powerful Pete, fbircher, helmutRoole2 (note: the stuff is on its way), Limerickman, Gregers, Wolfix, CyclingHeroes, whiteboytrash, mitosis, Rolfrae, Slovakguy, Tor, JohnO, lwedge, Trev S, thunder, Janiejones, and others I didn't mean to forget.

I'm generally in the free speech camp. Anything short of paedophilia is OK by me and I would never want to be prescriptive about my own miserable prejudices. However. If we are going to lose people of the calibre of Bro, Crank and Frigo there will soon be little point in coming here. This thing could accelerate into meltdown. Might be time for a re-think.
Say it ain't so, Bro.

I think it's a real shame that one rotten egg can ruin things so much.
I'm certainly have been guilty off taking responding to the repetitive ramblings.
I'm trying to avoid doing that now, despite how irritable it maybe at times.

The way I figure it, if the trolling is making people leave (or at least rarely visit) it means he (the troll) wins and gets what he wants. Destruction so to speak.

He visits places like this forum, I guess because it's like a captive audience, he gets the attention he seeks one way or another.

Keep in touch guys, ignore, don't stoop to his level and don't let him beat you.

Crankyfeet said:

I may check in here at the start of the new season. I sense that it has to get really bad (like pro-cycling) before any real action is taken.

Flyer is bad enough but both him and Huis (House) going back and forth in arguments totally unrelated to the thread is too much.

It was real nice for a week, but alas, apparently bans are only on usernames in this forum. Seems pointless to ban at all when a user can come back in three days under a new alias. A chipmunk could connect all the aliases Flyer has used since his ban as they're the most idiosynchraticly styled posts ever seen on any forum.

I've got a new project however. Plan A is that now that I have Flyer's full name and contact details, I may be letting LA, LAF, and Nike know how they can find him I suppose. Now since Flyer no longer resides on this forum ostensibly, and he was the one who bragged about himself and revealed his name himself, he shouldn't have any complaints, since he himself made his identity public knowledge.

Hopefully I'll be able to reconnect with friends and admired posters later if you're still here including yourself Bro Deal, and earth dweller, Klodifan, thoughtforfood, JHuskey, Matagi, Felt Rider, Frigo, nns1400, Powerful Pete, fbircher, helmutRoole2 (note: the stuff is on its way), Limerickman, Gregers, Wolfix, CyclingHeroes, whiteboytrash, mitosis, Rolfrae, Slovakguy, Tor, JohnO, lWedge, Trev S, thunder, Janiejones, and others I didn't mean to forget.
I think I was one of a few who PMed Lim asking for something to be done but to be honest it's maybe too late. I hardly check in here at all but used to a lot and used to enjoy the debate. As you guys have said it's now just spam really, I keep seeing Hemopure or whatever the **** he is now as the latest poster and just click another boomark. I might give up, or maybe I'll get myself another alias and try some black ops counter-spamming? Don't go Bro - we need you now more than ever. :(

Bro Deal said:
I think I am done here. Flyer has chased off enough posters that there is no longer enough people to maintain much of a conversation. The moderator clearly does not give a **** about it. There are better places to kill some time.
Bye Bro, it's been nice - maybe you can think about that trip downunder now.;)

Bro Deal said:
As much as I agree with you on this one, you can't leave. That would leave no one for me to argue with.
The forum has sunk to new lows..... and unless LA comes back from retirement to get people yapping at each other's throats again, I don't see much hope for the forum as long as the idiot is allowed to spam us.
Just don't go too far.........

Idiotic postings seem to ebb and wane. I follow the forum, attempt to contribute, and ignore the rest.

I use my ignore list to avoid most of the posts of the last five iterations of FF or whatever he/she/it calls him/her/itself, and things are ok.

I do not think you should leave, and do not believe that this is the best solution. Ignoring the wankers until they are willing to engage in intelligent conversation is the best way to deal with all this, IMHO, of course.

wolfix said:
As much as I agree with you on this one, you can't leave. That would leave no one for me to argue with.
The forum has sunk to new lows..... and unless LA comes back from retirement to get people yapping at each other's throats again, I don't see much hope for the forum as long as the idiot is allowed to spam us.
Just don't go too far.........
I have to agree with Wolf; When the battle lines were clear when it was USPS and LA vs Ullrich and T-Mobile is was good old fashion debating... now we find out its not just a few bad eggs but the entire peleton bar a few French riders partook in blood doping and the like. We now have no USPS/Disco and Hincapiie rides for T-Mobile which now has a drug free regime.... we don't know who to support now ! who to back... we're afraid to back someone in case they turn out like all the rest.... they lie on their mothers graves, they lie to their fans and they lie to themselves.... I wouldn't say so much its FF but cycling as a whole has changed dramatically in the last 18 months and we actually preferred when we didn’t know about doping….. however this will change… it had to…. It needs time….. I’d say hang in there because when a guy like Bradley Wiggens can win Paris-Roubaix that’s a good thing…. Seeing the Ras and Contador doing what they did this year really wasn’t that enthralling…… I think its time for the American fans to put up and support cycling without having to have an LA like figure to masturbate over…..

I'm new here. I have not experienced the "Flyer" problem. Maybe that is fortunate for me, or maybe he has left? I did a search on the name and attempted to peruse some of his postings...there were none?? Has he been excommunicated?

Being new here and a frequent reader/poster in the other forum (huge forum) I have found this one quite comfortable in that the smaller community is refreshing. I think I'll hang around awhile.

well ulle is making a new "comeback" tomorow
in race for charity.

and i think we have the absolut peak in a very long time betwen 96-06 in intreset for cylcing

it was not only ulle vs la it was east against west too. and think we never will se such great "rivality" betwenn the fans again..

As this subject represents a fault line that is threatening to tear this forum asunder, should we not expect to hear what Lim says on the matter? Maybe everybody should start PMing him with the word ARGENTINA until he responds.
biggrin.gif

I think that I'll just mention that one more time (for now) ARGENTINA
-though I fear that he will be getting his own back come Saturday.

Bro Deal said:
It took my about a day here to realize the guy wasn't going to post anything worth reading. I've found him easy to ignore. Even when he changes names, you only need to read one post and you can file the new name in the ignore category.

Crankyfeet said:

It was real nice for a week without these spammers, but alas, apparently bans are only on usernames in this forum. Seems pointless to ban at all when a user can come back in three days under a new alias. A chipmunk could connect all the aliases Flyer has used since his ban as they're the most idiosynchraticly styled posts ever seen on any forum.

Hopefully I'll be able to reconnect with friends and admired posters later if you're still here including yourself Bro Deal, and earth dweller, Klodifan, thoughtforfood, JHuskey, Matagi, Felt Rider, Frigo, nns1400, Powerful Pete, fbircher, helmutRoole2 (note: the stuff is on its way), Limerickman, Gregers, Wolfix, CyclingHeroes, whiteboytrash, mitosis, Rolfrae, Slovakguy, Tor, JohnO, lwedge, Trev S, thunder, Janiejones, and others I didn't mean to forget.
Bro and Cranky, I completely understand. I have posted some recently, but it is hard to even want to with those two around. It appears that Lim has deleted their post on the "dying" thread, and I haven't seen any today. Actually, I follow the Cyclocross season, so maybe I will find a forum for that for the winter.

Gregers said:
As this subject represents a fault line that is threatening to tear this forum asunder, should we not expect to hear what Lim says on the matter? Maybe everybody should start PMing him with the word ARGENTINA until he responds.
biggrin.gif

I think that I'll just mention that one more time (for now) ARGENTINA
-though I fear that he will be getting his own back come Saturday.

Yeah, the postmortem in to the rugby is well underway.

But with regard to the problem of the trolls here.
The fact of the matter is that a couple of so-called users, who are trolling oon other cycling sites, have attempted to troll over here as well.

So it seems to me that there is a couple of remedies needed.
The current membership needs to know that certain previously banned identities, are attempting to post/troll using new identities and to not engage with them.

And the administrator/moderators needs to block all attempts, by these banned trolls to rejoin and to troll on this Forum.

99.9% of members here want to read/exchange views : and do so effectively and reasonably.

IP Banning should be introduced. I've seen it work effectively on other forums.

I guess that I have been on this forum about as long as almost anyone and have seen it at it's best and worst.
Poster come and go,some good some not as good..
If some time I am no longer a part of this forum be assured it and it's poster present and past will always be part of me.