Bying Bianchi c2c alu Carbon 2011 @ 700USD. Worth it??

abhishekghai

Mar 13, 2013
I am getting a bianchi c2c @ 700 USD. Details below

[COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Age - 1 year and 8 months.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Condition - Good[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Model of gears - Shimano 2300 derailleurs, Cassette(12-26), Shimano 105 compact Crankset(50/34).[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Wheels - Maddux jalco Bianchi limited edition wheels by Reparto corse DRX 4000.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Brakes - Dual-pivot calliper brake.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Tyres - Kenda kriterium ( 1000kms run) and vredestein fiammante 23c Brand new.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Bike size - 55cm, suitable for people of height 5.6' to 6'.[/COLOR] [COLOR= rgb(51, 51, 51)]Extras - Btwin bottle cage worth Rs.200.[/COLOR]

Because I do NOT know what-if-any price premium there is in India vs. in the States for bikes & bicycle components, this is a qualified answer ...

The short answer is "No."

• That is not to say that it isn't a nice (nice enough) bike with a good frame ...
  • But, in the States, a NEW Bianchi C2C with Sora components has a suggested manufacturer's suggested retail price of $799 ... now, THAT is a pretty good price for a new (as in a 2013 bike), IMO ... 'I' would, of course, sell the SHIMANO shifters & replace them with some CAMPAGNOLO shifters ...

FYI. A two year old MODEL of the same bike should cost closer to 60% of the MSRP ...

• BUT, if bikes & components typically cost 2x as much in India as in the States, then it is a very good deal ...
  • Otherwise, 'I' think that you should consider offering-and-paying the seller the equivalent of about $500(US) +/-.

BTW. A 55mm frame is probably best suited for rider who is about 5'9" to 5'11" (175cm to 180cm) ... it would be "okay" for someone who 183cm is if they are young & relatively flexible and/or planning to compete in races ...

I think that someone who is only 167cm (5'6") tall would be really stretched out on a bike with a 55cm top tube unless the bike has FLAT Bars.

As I mentioned in your PM, I have never seen a bike with as much saddle to bar drop as that one. Looks to be a good 10" to a foot. 10 cm is more like what an aggressive rider, on a proper frame size, would use. That frame was way too small for the previous owner.

There's a very good chance that the seat post is extended beyond the minimum insertion mark. Check the top of the seat tube for signs of cracking.

Unless someone does not have average proportioned limb to torso ratio, 55cm is not ideally suitable for someone 5'6". I would consider the ballpark sizing to be for someone 5'10" and up, 5'9" at a minimum. Alfeng mentioned something similar.

C2C is Bianchi's "endurance" geometry, taller in the head tube, shorter in the top tube, and a bit relaxed in the ride and handling. Reparto Corse is the name of Bianchi's proprietary component group, which usually includes wheels, brake calipers, handlebars, stems, and seat posts, all decent stuff but not particularly special. The 2300 control levers and derailleurs indicate an entry-level 2x8 drivetrain. The tall seatpost only indicates that the bike is considerably too small for its current rider. Because current Bianchis run rather short, I'd estimate the size as pretty appropriate for guys in the 5'6" to 5'10" range (168-178 cm). As a data point, at 182 cm I recently demo'ed a 59 cm Sempre and got a very excellent Merckx-like fit right out of the carton.

I would call this bike a general purpose lower end sport bike with one unusual upgrade, the 105 crankset. With appropriate tires, I would ride this bike anywhere the road surface is primarily paved.

That said, $700 could buy you a brand new Trek 1.1, a road bike whose components and frame fall just a bit short of this, but comes with a warranty and dealer support. Because this bike is used and fairly commonplace, it loses significant value once it leaves the dealer. If it were my size and it suited my needs, I would pay no more than $550 for it.