C2C B&B

visionset

Guest
Since I want to do C2C on spec on a dry weekend. I'm probably gonna have to
arrive at a fair few B&Bs on spec, and hope for the best. Anyone tried this
and got their pride & joy adequately stowed? Any other similar approach I'm
missing here?

--
Mike

In article <[email protected]>, visionset
[email protected] says...
> Since I want to do C2C on spec on a dry weekend. I'm probably gonna have to
> arrive at a fair few B&Bs on spec, and hope for the best. Anyone tried this
> and got their pride & joy adequately stowed? Any other similar approach I'm
> missing here?

Keep the wheels in your room, cover the bike with a couple of bin bags
in the yard, nobody will give it a second glance (hopefully). :)

"visionset" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Since I want to do C2C on spec on a dry weekend. I'm probably gonna have
> to arrive at a fair few B&Bs on spec, and hope for the best. Anyone tried
> this and got their pride & joy adequately stowed? Any other similar
> approach I'm missing here?

Hmm - how do you rate your chances of finding a room?

I wouldn't be bothered about the bike stuff as much as actually finding a
bed :-(

cheers,
clive

>> Since I want to do C2C on spec on a dry weekend. I'm probably gonna have
>> to arrive at a fair few B&Bs on spec, and hope for the best. Anyone
>> tried this and got their pride & joy adequately stowed? Any other similar
>> approach I'm missing here?

> Hmm - how do you rate your chances of finding a room?
>
> I wouldn't be bothered about the bike stuff as much as actually finding a
> bed :-(

Well yes quite!
Not done much B&Bing so don't really know if likely to be a problem.
Obviously I imagine that on the route itself, it would be harder, but a bit
off it, I'd hope to find something.
Or am I being too optimisitic.
Seems that we may have the option of some support and therefore camping
would be possible.
Bit easy that though eh!

--
Mike

>> Since I want to do C2C on spec on a dry weekend. I'm probably gonna have
>> arrive at a fair few B&Bs on spec, and hope for the best. Anyone tried
>> this
>> and got their pride & joy adequately stowed? Any other similar approach
>> I'm
>> missing here?
>>

> Keep the wheels in your room, cover the bike with a couple of bin bags
> in the yard, nobody will give it a second glance (hopefully). :)

Heh, good idea! Perhaps even get the whole shooting match in the room.
"Just bringing my erm luggage in..."

--
Mike

> camping would be possible.
> Bit easy that though eh!

so either:

1) keep going

or

2) sleep in bus shelters

Audax UK is thataway -------------->

:)

On Apr 25, 11:30 pm, Rob Morley <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, visionset
> [email protected] says...> Since I want to do C2C on spec on a dry weekend.. I'm probably gonna have to
> > arrive at a fair few B&Bs on spec, and hope for the best.  Anyone tried this
> > and got their pride & joy adequately stowed? Any other similar approach I'm
> > missing here?

> Keep the wheels in your room, cover the bike with a couple of bin bags
> in the yard, nobody will give it a second glance (hopefully).  :)

...particularly not the bin men...

In article <59851587-0d63-461f-bf67-2ffb1961a6c9
@a23g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
[email protected] says...
> On Apr 25, 11:30 pm, Rob Morley <[email protected]> wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>, visionset
> > [email protected] says...> Since I want to do C2C on spec on a dry weekend. I'm probably gonna have to
> > > arrive at a fair few B&Bs on spec, and hope for the best.  Anyone tried this
> > > and got their pride & joy adequately stowed? Any other similar approach I'm
> > > missing here?

> > Keep the wheels in your room, cover the bike with a couple of bin bags
> > in the yard, nobody will give it a second glance (hopefully).  :)

> ...particularly not the bin men...

Do bin men still handle black bags? Ours won't take anything that's not
in a wheely bin, and then only if the lid is properly shut.

On Apr 28, 11:03 am, Rob Morley <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <59851587-0d63-461f-bf67-2ffb1961a6c9
> @a23g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
> [email protected] says...> On Apr 25, 11:30 pm, Rob Morley <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > In article <[email protected]>, visionset
> > > [email protected] says...> Since I want to do C2C on spec on a dry weekend. I'm probably gonna have to

> > > Keep the wheels in your room, cover the bike with a couple of bin bags
> > > in the yard, nobody will give it a second glance (hopefully).  :)

> > ...particularly not the bin men...

> Do bin men still handle black bags?  Ours won't take anything that's not
> in a wheely bin, and then only if the lid is properly shut.

It's all we have round my way. Narrow road only just wide enough for
the bin lorry, no pavement, bin bags on top of the wall work fine. A
wheely bin would either block my 3' gate or block the road and
possibly start rolling down a 1:6 hill.

Rob

visionset wrote:
> Since I want to do C2C on spec on a dry weekend. I'm probably gonna have to
> arrive at a fair few B&Bs on spec, and hope for the best. Anyone tried this
> and got their pride & joy adequately stowed? Any other similar approach I'm
> missing here?

There are a few youth hostels on the way (or were when we did it a few years back). Also
take a look at http://www.cycle-n-sleep.co.uk/rinfo/map c2c.htm - this site is a great
idea but I can't tell how current it is.