C2C - I did it as a charity challenge in 15hrs 56 mins.

Dundonald

Guest
Quality challenge, thoroughly enjoyed it. 15 hrs 56 mins. Whitehaven
to Tynemouth. With fellow colleagues at work raised ~70K for MS
Society.

If you're keen on using GPS like I am, I recorded a tracklog. If
anyone wants a copy feel free to shout up.

"Dundonald" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> If you're keen on using GPS like I am, I recorded a tracklog. If
> anyone wants a copy feel free to shout up.

Well done!

I'd be interested in the tracklog as I'm thinking about doing that ride
myself... if you could send it to timdunne at blueyonder.co.uk that would be
lovely... thanks.

Tim
--
Sent from Birmingham, UK... Check out www.nervouscyclist.org
'I find sometimes it's easy to be myself, but sometimes I find it's

Dundonald wrote:
> Quality challenge, thoroughly enjoyed it. 15 hrs 56 mins. Whitehaven
> to Tynemouth. With fellow colleagues at work raised ~70K for MS
> Society.
>
> If you're keen on using GPS like I am, I recorded a tracklog. If
> anyone wants a copy feel free to shout up.

Two people at work did it in one day in June (for maximum daylight), a
few years ago. I think it took them from dawn to dusk, so about 18
hours. They had a support vehicle to ensure food and drink were ready
at each rest stop.

Is that time "rolling" time, or actual elapsed time including stops?

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 22:09:15 -0000, Dundonald <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Quality challenge, thoroughly enjoyed it. 15 hrs 56 mins. Whitehaven
>to Tynemouth. With fellow colleagues at work raised ~70K for MS
>Society.
>
>If you're keen on using GPS like I am, I recorded a tracklog. If
>anyone wants a copy feel free to shout up.

I'm hoping to do it next year, though not all in one day. A tracklog
would be great. Send to [email protected]

On Oct 16, 11:09 pm, Dundonald <[email protected]> wrote:
> Quality challenge, thoroughly enjoyed it. 15 hrs 56 mins. Whitehaven
> to Tynemouth. With fellow colleagues at work raised ~70K for MS
> Society.

Well done on the challenge.

> If you're keen on using GPS like I am, I recorded a tracklog. If
> anyone wants a copy feel free to shout up.

Try uploading the log to <www.bikely.com> then you can share it with
everyone.

--
Dave...

On Oct 17, 6:58 am, Zog The Undeniable <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dundonald wrote:
> > Quality challenge, thoroughly enjoyed it. 15 hrs 56 mins. Whitehaven
> > to Tynemouth. With fellow colleagues at work raised ~70K for MS
> > Society.

> > If you're keen on using GPS like I am, I recorded a tracklog. If
> > anyone wants a copy feel free to shout up.

> Two people at work did it in one day in June (for maximum daylight), a
> few years ago. I think it took them from dawn to dusk, so about 18
> hours. They had a support vehicle to ensure food and drink were ready
> at each rest stop.
>
> Is that time "rolling" time, or actual elapsed time including stops?

"Rolling". For example it doesn't include the love 1hr long rest and
meal we took in Greystoke

Dundonald wrote:
>> Is that time "rolling" time, or actual elapsed time including stops?

> "Rolling". For example it doesn't include the love 1hr long rest and
> meal we took in Greystoke

a nice long ride, a shag and a slap up meal, bravo!

--
Andy Morris

AndyAtjinkasDotfreeserve.co.uk

On Oct 16, 11:09 pm, Dundonald <[email protected]> wrote:
> Quality challenge, thoroughly enjoyed it. 15 hrs 56 mins. Whitehaven
> to Tynemouth. With fellow colleagues at work raised ~70K for MS
> Society.
>
> If you're keen on using GPS like I am, I recorded a tracklog. If
> anyone wants a copy feel free to shout up.

Yes please!

Would be good to have it for OpenStreetMap (www.openstreetmap.org)
and, in particular, for the OSM cycle map at http://www.gravitystorm.co.uk/osm/
.. If you feel like learning how to use the OSM editor and draw the
roads on, so much the better...

Richard
(to e-mail, remove the f)