C40 durability

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by IanD, Mar 5, 2004.

1. IanD

IanD New Member

All,

I'm trying to get an idea on the durability of C40 Bstays. My local LBS has a Limited Edition World Champion 2002 Bstay model. I'm looking for C40 owners who ride their C40's 'regularly' - no racing etc - just normal 40 - 100 mile rides. I've been saving up the money and have been looking at a carbon fibre frame a while now but have shied away. I've also been looking at the new Orbea Orca's although they are rather scarce at the moment.

Thanks,

Ian in SanDiego

Tags:

2. Bititanio

Bititanio New Member

3. Bititanio

Bititanio New Member

I have an origianl 1993 C40 at my home in Germany that has about 5 to 7K km a year on it, with no problems. Paint's getting a bit chipped from some stones, etc., but it should last a lot longer.

4. Aztec

Aztec New Member

Mine has but 1000 miles so far. Way too early to tell anything.

You sure you want to spend that much? I love it, but I would've been just as happy on a steel Cervelo Super Prodigy for about a third of the cost!

5. Bititanio

Bititanio New Member

I have a C-50 (since November -- one of the first in the USA) and wouldn't have it any other way -- Colnago's are the BEST and the barbon fiber ones give a super ride while being ultra responsive and efficient !!!!!

6. marlon1

marlon1 New Member

Colnago's are the best. If you don't want to spent mich money, try to buy a C40. They are alomst the same as the C50. I have a C40 BStay 60cm and it is Very stiff, and sssooooooooo beautifull (LX10 colors).

What is the prize for that TM38 limited edition? More that $2500 is too much.

7. IanD

IanD New Member

They are asking for $2400 - which I also felt is bit much even tho it's brand spankin new, never been built. Fortunately, I picked up an early 2003 C-40 AD-22 for alot less! Just gotta pickup some extra parts, transfer my components from my other frame and build it up! Oh Yeah!

Ian in SanDiego

8. marlon1

marlon1 New Member

hm ok

the world champion also looks very poshy, with that : 'world champion' name on it.

A few moth ago there was a new C40 World Campion here for $2199 with fork, seatpost and stem. That is about the cheapest prize you can get..... Less then $2400 is always ok for a C40.