c_ya c-dale

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Slacker, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Tags:

  2. Simon

    Simon Guest

  3. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:20:48 GMT, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >And good riddance! Maybe now their sale numbers will start to accurately reflect their (lack of)
    >quality. http://cannondale.com/email/chain/final-toast.html

    I've always thought Cannondales were/are needlessly expensive, but I did get a chance to demo and
    F600 and I really liked the feel, incredible stiff and precise. Like I said before I have no idea
    how durable they are.

    Oh well another one bites the dust...maybe. The article was very vague.

    Peace, Bill

    :-]

  4. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

  5. I think it might just be the volvo/cannondale team, not the bikes themselves... very very little
    info on that page tho.

    Jon "Commander" Bond

    Simon wrote:
    > I feel sorry for the owners of "crack and fails"
    >
    > Would be interesting to know how many bikes lopes went through in one season. Thats a real count
    > not an "official" count
    >
    > Simon
    >
    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > | And good riddance! Maybe now their sale numbers will start to accurately
    > reflect their (lack of) quality.
    > | http://cannondale.com/email/chain/final-toast.html
    > | --
    > | Slacker

  6. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > And good riddance! Maybe now their sale numbers will start to accurately
    > reflect their (lack of) quality.
    > > http://cannondale.com/email/chain/final-toast.html
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    > >

    > That's Can-o-ales way of saying goodbye to Volvo. Volvo is pulling it's sponsorship from
    > Team C-dale.
    >
    > Mike

    True http://www.sponsorship.volvo.com/news_detail.asp?itemid=1537 .

    And here's the article http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/3268.0.html .

    I think c-dale's '03 team is pretty much history unless somebody with some big $ steps in.
    We'll see...
    --
    Slacker

  7. Gman

    Gman Guest

    On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 22:47:21 -0500, Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:20:48 GMT, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>And good riddance! Maybe now their sale numbers will start to accurately reflect their (lack of)
    >>quality. http://cannondale.com/email/chain/final-toast.html
    >
    > I've always thought Cannondales were/are needlessly expensive, but I did get a chance to demo and
    > F600 and I really liked the feel, incredible stiff and precise. Like I said before I have no idea
    > how durable they are.
    >
    > Oh well another one bites the dust...maybe. The article was very vague.
    >
    > Peace, Bill
    >
    > The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
    > give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
    >:-]

    OK, I'll admit it, I've always kinda liked the C-dales too. Owned me a 1986...wish I still had
    it.

    But when I was looking for a new bike a couple of years ago the C-dale price/performance/reliability
    numbers didn't stack up well.

    --
    Gman

  8. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I feel sorry for the owners of "crack and fails"

    No need to feel sorry for me. My C'dale roadie bike has been serving me very well thank you. Its
    seen many races and many training rides and its never cracked and its never failed, and it probably
    never will. Do you own a C'dale or have you ever owned one that would quantify your statement?

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  9. David Kunz

    David Kunz Guest

    Bill Wheeler wrote:
    > On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:20:48 GMT, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>And good riddance! Maybe now their sale numbers will start to accurately reflect their (lack of)
    >>quality. http://cannondale.com/email/chain/final-toast.html
    >

    > I've always thought Cannondales were/are needlessly expensive, but I did get a chance to demo and
    > F600 and I really liked the feel, incredible stiff and precise. Like I said before I have no idea
    > how durable they are.
    >
    > Oh well another one bites the dust...maybe. The article was very vague.
    >
    > Peace, Bill

    My Jekyll's been a solid reliable bike. And, I ride alot -- every day. I love the lefty fork. To me,
    worth every penny I spent. I guess that it's time to stop by my LBS and see what's goin' on.

    David Kunz

  10. which jekyll do you have? Never had shifting issues? never had bent rimms brake problems?

    "David Kunz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bill Wheeler wrote:
    > > On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:20:48 GMT, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >

    > >>And good riddance! Maybe now their sale numbers will start to
    accurately reflect their (lack of) quality.
    > >>http://cannondale.com/email/chain/final-toast.html
    > >

    > > I've always thought Cannondales were/are needlessly expensive, but I did get a chance to demo
    > > and F600 and I really liked the feel, incredible stiff and precise. Like I said before I have no
    > > idea how durable they are.
    > >
    > > Oh well another one bites the dust...maybe. The article was very vague.
    > >
    > > Peace, Bill
    >
    > My Jekyll's been a solid reliable bike. And, I ride alot -- every day. I love the lefty fork. To
    > me, worth every penny I spent. I guess that it's time to stop by my LBS and see what's goin' on.
    >
    > David Kunz

  11. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

  12. On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:40:28 -0500, "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >"Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Anyhow Carla, you could probably ride a bike made out of rolled up
    >newspaper
    >> and have it last you ',;~}
    >
    >I don't know about rolled up newspaper, but I "wooden" mind one of these:
    >
    >http://www.ottavia.com/bike_catalog.html
    >
    >- CA-G
    >
    >Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

    I'd need three pairs of legs to peddle it. If you want to style, I guess the weight doesn't matter.

    jim

  13. "Bruce Edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | Joseph Jozwik wrote:
    |
    | > which jekyll do you have? Never had shifting issues? never had bent
    rimms
    | > brake problems?
    | >

    | OK, I'll bite. 2000 Jekyll 3000sx (bought used, they're out of their mind asking $3k) Taco'd both
    | coda rims. One lefty rebuild Two Fox rebuilds 3 hub bearing sets, front and back Both coda disks
    | failed 3 bottom brackets 2 cassettes 5 chainrings 2 XT rear der. 1 XT front der.
    |
    | It's a nice geometry frame, lefty is OK, a lot of the above it just usual wear and tear. It's just
    | the hubs, brakes, rims, anything that says coda on it that
    sucks.

    | -Bruce (no brand loyalty here...)

    You're lucky.

    Here's the experience of one of my friends:

    "2 cracked frames and 4 cracked/broken swingarms. It's a 2000 (year). Cdale and the LBS have been
    very good replacing the items, but sheesh.

    I'm not heavy, I don't huck, and most of the miles are from commuting. "

    Here's his latest discovery:

    http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/Crack1copy(1).jpg

    --
    Pete Fagerlin http://www.petefagerlin.com

  14. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Bruce Edge wrote:
    > Joseph Jozwik wrote:
    >

    >>which jekyll do you have? Never had shifting issues? never had bent rimms brake problems?
    >>

    > OK, I'll bite. 2000 Jekyll 3000sx (bought used, they're out of their mind asking $3k) Taco'd both
    > coda rims. One lefty rebuild Two Fox rebuilds 3 hub bearing sets, front and back Both coda disks
    > failed 3 bottom brackets 2 cassettes 5 chainrings 2 XT rear der. 1 XT front der.
    >
    > It's a nice geometry frame, lefty is OK, a lot of the above it just usual wear and tear. It's just
    > the hubs, brakes, rims, anything that says coda on it that sucks.

    I hate to defend Cannondale but looking at your list of non-Cannondale parts there you may just be
    hard on your bikes.

    1999 DBR XR4 - no problem with Fox Float RC, same BB, 1 cassette when needed, no broken derailers.

    Greg
    --
    "Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
    we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

  15. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > What, no rants? No curses? No flying off the handle? Geeze, what's this place coming to? ',;~}

    Rants, curses and flying off the handle??? You know that's not my style. I would rather disgrace
    someone using my legs instead...

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

  16. Cameron

    Cameron Guest

    > Bruce Edge wrote:
    > > Joseph Jozwik wrote:
    > >

    > >>which jekyll do you have? Never had shifting issues? never had bent
    rimms
    > >>brake problems?
    > >>

    > > OK, I'll bite. 2000 Jekyll 3000sx (bought used, they're out of their mind asking $3k) Taco'd
    > > both coda rims. One lefty rebuild Two Fox rebuilds 3 hub bearing sets, front and back Both coda
    > > disks failed 3 bottom brackets 2 cassettes 5 chainrings 2 XT rear der. 1 XT front der.
    > >
    > > It's a nice geometry frame, lefty is OK, a lot of the above it just
    usual
    > > wear and tear. It's just the hubs, brakes, rims, anything that says coda on it that
    sucks.

    > I hate to defend Cannondale but looking at your list of non-Cannondale parts there you may just be
    > hard on your bikes.
    >
    > 1999 DBR XR4 - no problem with Fox Float RC, same BB, 1 cassette when needed, no broken derailers.
    >
    > Greg
    > --
    > "Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
    > we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

    A friend has a Jekyll 3000. He hardly rides the thing and already has had two warrenty claims on the
    Lefty. Kept leaking oil.

    --
    Cameron

  17. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    > Indeed I do Carla - It wasn't really aimed at you, but this place generally - just having a
    > giggle ',;~}

    Gotcha :)

    > > I would rather disgrace someone using my legs instead...
    >
    > Ahem......that's enough of that miss - there may be minors reading.......
    >
    > Shaun aRe - (You meant by kicking their arses, didn'tcha? ',;~} )

    With all the scars, bruises and tattoos on them, I don't think I would be able to win any beauty
    contests...

    - CA-G

    Canadian Girls Kick Ass!