c_ya c-dale

On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:20:48 GMT, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:

>And good riddance! Maybe now their sale numbers will start to accurately reflect their (lack of)
>quality. http://cannondale.com/email/chain/final-toast.html

I've always thought Cannondales were/are needlessly expensive, but I did get a chance to demo and
F600 and I really liked the feel, incredible stiff and precise. Like I said before I have no idea
how durable they are.

Oh well another one bites the dust...maybe. The article was very vague.

Peace, Bill

:-]

I think it might just be the volvo/cannondale team, not the bikes themselves... very very little
info on that page tho.

Jon "Commander" Bond

Simon wrote:
> I feel sorry for the owners of "crack and fails"
>
> Would be interesting to know how many bikes lopes went through in one season. Thats a real count
> not an "official" count
>
> Simon
>
> "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> | And good riddance! Maybe now their sale numbers will start to accurately
> reflect their (lack of) quality.
> | http://cannondale.com/email/chain/final-toast.html
> | --
> | Slacker
> |

> > And good riddance! Maybe now their sale numbers will start to accurately
> reflect their (lack of) quality.
> > http://cannondale.com/email/chain/final-toast.html
> > --
> > Slacker
> >

> That's Can-o-ales way of saying goodbye to Volvo. Volvo is pulling it's sponsorship from
> Team C-dale.
>
> Mike

True http://www.sponsorship.volvo.com/news_detail.asp?itemid=1537 .

And here's the article http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/3268.0.html .

I think c-dale's '03 team is pretty much history unless somebody with some big $ steps in.
We'll see...
--
Slacker

On Mon, 02 Dec 2002 22:47:21 -0500, Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:20:48 GMT, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>And good riddance! Maybe now their sale numbers will start to accurately reflect their (lack of)
>>quality. http://cannondale.com/email/chain/final-toast.html
>
> I've always thought Cannondales were/are needlessly expensive, but I did get a chance to demo and
> F600 and I really liked the feel, incredible stiff and precise. Like I said before I have no idea
> how durable they are.
>
> Oh well another one bites the dust...maybe. The article was very vague.
>
> Peace, Bill
>
> The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as a reflector, that is, the mind should
> give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of the world.
>:-]

OK, I'll admit it, I've always kinda liked the C-dales too. Owned me a 1986...wish I still had
it.

But when I was looking for a new bike a couple of years ago the C-dale price/performance/reliability
numbers didn't stack up well.

--
Gman

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I feel sorry for the owners of "crack and fails"

No need to feel sorry for me. My C'dale roadie bike has been serving me very well thank you. Its
seen many races and many training rides and its never cracked and its never failed, and it probably
never will. Do you own a C'dale or have you ever owned one that would quantify your statement?

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

Bill Wheeler wrote:
> On Tue, 03 Dec 2002 01:20:48 GMT, "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>And good riddance! Maybe now their sale numbers will start to accurately reflect their (lack of)
>>quality. http://cannondale.com/email/chain/final-toast.html
>

> I've always thought Cannondales were/are needlessly expensive, but I did get a chance to demo and
> F600 and I really liked the feel, incredible stiff and precise. Like I said before I have no idea
> how durable they are.
>
> Oh well another one bites the dust...maybe. The article was very vague.
>
> Peace, Bill

My Jekyll's been a solid reliable bike. And, I ride alot -- every day. I love the lefty fork. To me,
worth every penny I spent. I guess that it's time to stop by my LBS and see what's goin' on.

David Kunz

which jekyll do you have? Never had shifting issues? never had bent rimms brake problems?

news:[email protected]...

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:40:28 -0500, "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Anyhow Carla, you could probably ride a bike made out of rolled up
>newspaper
>> and have it last you ',;~}
>
>I don't know about rolled up newspaper, but I "wooden" mind one of these:
>
>http://www.ottavia.com/bike_catalog.html
>
>- CA-G
>
>Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

I'd need three pairs of legs to peddle it. If you want to style, I guess the weight doesn't matter.

jim

"Bruce Edge" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
| Joseph Jozwik wrote:
|
| > which jekyll do you have? Never had shifting issues? never had bent
rimms
| > brake problems?
| >

| OK, I'll bite. 2000 Jekyll 3000sx (bought used, they're out of their mind asking $3k) Taco'd both
| coda rims. One lefty rebuild Two Fox rebuilds 3 hub bearing sets, front and back Both coda disks
| failed 3 bottom brackets 2 cassettes 5 chainrings 2 XT rear der. 1 XT front der.
|
| It's a nice geometry frame, lefty is OK, a lot of the above it just usual wear and tear. It's just
| the hubs, brakes, rims, anything that says coda on it that
sucks.

| -Bruce (no brand loyalty here...)

You're lucky.

Here's the experience of one of my friends:

"2 cracked frames and 4 cracked/broken swingarms. It's a 2000 (year). Cdale and the LBS have been
very good replacing the items, but sheesh.

I'm not heavy, I don't huck, and most of the miles are from commuting. "

Here's his latest discovery:

http://gallery.consumerreview.com/webcrossing/images/Crack1copy(1).jpg

--
Pete Fagerlin http://www.petefagerlin.com

Bruce Edge wrote:
> Joseph Jozwik wrote:
>

>>which jekyll do you have? Never had shifting issues? never had bent rimms brake problems?
>>

> OK, I'll bite. 2000 Jekyll 3000sx (bought used, they're out of their mind asking $3k) Taco'd both
> coda rims. One lefty rebuild Two Fox rebuilds 3 hub bearing sets, front and back Both coda disks
> failed 3 bottom brackets 2 cassettes 5 chainrings 2 XT rear der. 1 XT front der.
>
> It's a nice geometry frame, lefty is OK, a lot of the above it just usual wear and tear. It's just
> the hubs, brakes, rims, anything that says coda on it that sucks.

I hate to defend Cannondale but looking at your list of non-Cannondale parts there you may just be
hard on your bikes.

1999 DBR XR4 - no problem with Fox Float RC, same BB, 1 cassette when needed, no broken derailers.

Greg
--
"Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

> What, no rants? No curses? No flying off the handle? Geeze, what's this place coming to? ',;~}

Rants, curses and flying off the handle??? You know that's not my style. I would rather disgrace
someone using my legs instead...

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!

> Bruce Edge wrote:
> > Joseph Jozwik wrote:
> >

> >>which jekyll do you have? Never had shifting issues? never had bent
rimms
> >>brake problems?
> >>

> > OK, I'll bite. 2000 Jekyll 3000sx (bought used, they're out of their mind asking $3k) Taco'd
> > both coda rims. One lefty rebuild Two Fox rebuilds 3 hub bearing sets, front and back Both coda
> > disks failed 3 bottom brackets 2 cassettes 5 chainrings 2 XT rear der. 1 XT front der.
> >
> > It's a nice geometry frame, lefty is OK, a lot of the above it just
usual
> > wear and tear. It's just the hubs, brakes, rims, anything that says coda on it that
sucks.

> I hate to defend Cannondale but looking at your list of non-Cannondale parts there you may just be
> hard on your bikes.
>
> 1999 DBR XR4 - no problem with Fox Float RC, same BB, 1 cassette when needed, no broken derailers.
>
> Greg
> --
> "Walking under ladders for a living You know we should be running round in pubs and bars We know
> we'll never grow short And we'll never grow tall" - the Mekons

A friend has a Jekyll 3000. He hardly rides the thing and already has had two warrenty claims on the
Lefty. Kept leaking oil.

--
Cameron

> Indeed I do Carla - It wasn't really aimed at you, but this place generally - just having a
> giggle ',;~}

Gotcha :)

> > I would rather disgrace someone using my legs instead...
>
> Ahem......that's enough of that miss - there may be minors reading.......
>
> Shaun aRe - (You meant by kicking their arses, didn'tcha? ',;~} )

With all the scars, bruises and tattoos on them, I don't think I would be able to win any beauty
contests...

- CA-G

Canadian Girls Kick Ass!