Caad 10 or Fuji altamira 3.0?

Omoneyy

Apr 10, 2013
Hey guys, I'm looking to make my first road bike purchase and was almost set on a new Caad 10 5 then a I ran into a good deal on the Fuji altamira 3.0 both bikes are identical in price. Approx $1600 Caad 10 would be from my lbs. Fuji from an online site. My gut says go with the carbon pricier fuji, but all the reviews of the Caad 10 are so strong. Opinions? Thanks guys.

Top level aluminum vs entry level carbon. And by top level, what many consider the best aluminum road frame made today.

And when it comes to warranty issues, if they arise, it always helps to have a shop to run interference for you with the manufacturer.

Exactly, that's also why I mentioned where I would be getting them. So I'm guessing you're pro Caad? At least in my current situation... name="mpre53" url="/t/494265/caad-10-or-fuji-altamira-3-0#post_4067304"]Top level aluminum vs entry level carbon. And by top level, what many consider the best aluminum road frame made today. And when it comes to warranty issues, if they arise, it always helps to have a shop to run interference for you with the manufacturer.   [/quote]xatly

Did you test ride a CAAD10? If not, do so. Frame material is a minor consideration for someone looking to buy a bike.

A few more points. I will bet you that the CAAD frame, even though aluminum, is actually lighter than the Fuji's CF frame. I'll stick my neck out even farther and say that it's equally as stiff, if not more so. I found that it rides as nicely as carbon. Both bikes have comparable components--mostly 105 drive trains. The CAAD has a full carbon fork, whereas the Fuji only has carbon blades. One big difference, if you're thinking of racing, is that the Fuji seems to only be available with a compact crank, whereas the CAAD has a standard double.

Nothing against Fuji. It's a fine bike, but don't let carbon vs. aluminum be the deciding factor in choosing between the two. CAAD is as good as aluminum gets.