CABC

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Parbs, May 10, 2006.

  1. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    Tags:

  2. EuanB

    EuanB New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
  3. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    Packed, now for breakfast, then off to the airport.

    Parbs - I'm just going outside & maybe some time.

  4. SuzieB

    SuzieB New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2005
    Indeed, it may have been sensible for some other people I know to fly on Friday not Saturday!

    I'll be in AS to cheer on Thursday and Friday so looking forward to meeting you Parbs. :)

  5. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    SuzieB wrote:

    > I'll be in AS to cheer on Thursday and Friday so looking forward to
    > meeting you Parbs. :)

    I should be easy to recognise, I'll be one of the few (only?) stupid
    enough to be riding singlespeed.

    Parbs

  6. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    What ARE you people torkin 'bout???

  7. petulance

    petulance Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > What ARE you people torkin 'bout???
    >

    > --
    > flyingdutch

    7 day mountain bike stage race in Alice Springs ...

    http://www.cabc.info/main.php

  8. Skewer

    Skewer Guest

    petulance wrote:
    > flyingdutch wrote:
    >
    >>What ARE you people torkin 'bout???
    >>

    >>--
    >>flyingdutch

    > 7 day mountain bike stage race in Alice Springs ...
    >
    > http://www.cabc.info/main.php

    Have to say I was confused too.
    Probably should pay more attention at Goat ;-)

    Stage 2 looks like a doozy.

    Go Euan!

    A Google Earth map overly is here
    http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/download.php?Number=416371
    --
    Pete.B

  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    Nothing like theowing yerself in the deepend hey?

  10. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:

    > Nothing like throwing yerself in the deepend hey?

    The results & report are finally up at Cyclingnews (seems they were
    claiming to be a bit busy with some little road race in Italy)

    <http://www.cyclingnews.com/mtb.php?id=mtb/2006/may06/centralaust06/default>

    Euan & Suzie are still wandering around the outback somewhere.

    Parbs

  11. Euan

    Euan Guest

    Parbs wrote:
    > SuzieB wrote:
    >

    >> I'll be in AS to cheer on Thursday and Friday so looking forward to
    >> meeting you Parbs. :)
    >>

    > I should be easy to recognise, I'll be one of the few (only?) stupid
    > enough to be riding singlespeed.

    I think you were the only one. I thought I saw another but it turned
    out he was running a Rohloff.
    --
    Cheers | ~~ [email protected]
    Euan | ~~ _-\<,

  12. Euan

    Euan Guest

    flyingdutch wrote:
    > Skewer Wrote:
    >
    >>Stage 2 looks like a doozy.
    >>
    >>Go Euan!
    >>

    > Nothing like theowing yerself in the deepend hey?

    First ever bike race of any sort. I wanted to see different parts of
    Australia, seemed as good a way as any.

    I'll write up a ride report over the weekend, not enough time to do it
    right now. I've got ten days worth of email and Usenet to catch up on!

    I had an absolute blast, met some amazing people and had thoroughly
    enjoyed myself. Not going to do it next year but maybe in two years
    Suzie and I can enter as a mixed team :-D
    --
    Cheers | ~~ [email protected]
    Euan | ~~ _-\<,

  13. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    Euan wrote:

    > First ever bike race of any sort.

    Ah, that explains that dodgy passing move you made on the first
    singletrack climb on Stage 1. ;-P Luckily you made up for it on the
    descent and plenty of times on the other stages

    > I wanted to see different parts of
    > Australia, seemed as good a way as any.

    Yup

    > I'll write up a ride report over the weekend, not enough time to do it
    > right now.

    I might finish mine after dinner tonight

    > I've got ten days worth of email and Usenet to catch up on!

    Mark All Read

    > I had an absolute blast, met some amazing people and had thoroughly
    > enjoyed myself.

    Yup.

    > Not going to do it next year but maybe in two years
    > Suzie and I can enter as a mixed team :-D

    I'll certainly be back sometime - with a bigger gear.

    Parbs

  14. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    Euan wrote:
    > I think you were the only one.

    Yup I was the single single :-(

    > I thought I saw another but it turned
    > out he was running a Rohloff.

    There was a Salsa Juan Solo (sacrilege!) & a dually of some description
    running Rohloff hubs.

    Parbs

  15. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700

    ppffttt. you didn't even come last! Not even after 7 attempts!!
    Now, there's no room for 'improvement' :D

    sounds loike a hoot...

  16. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    Euan wrote:

    > First ever bike race of any sort. I wanted to see different parts of
    > Australia, seemed as good a way as any.
    >
    > I'll write up a ride report over the weekend, not enough time to do it
    > right now. I've got ten days worth of email and Usenet to catch up on!

    Caught up yet? I've finally written mine or at least go to a point I
    cant really remember what happened so it will do

    http://www.mwmtb.com/reports_files/CABC_SS_2006.htm

    > I had an absolute blast, met some amazing people and had thoroughly
    > enjoyed myself. Not going to do it next year but maybe in two years
    > Suzie and I can enter as a mixed team :-D

    Parbs

  17. EuanB

    EuanB New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    I got through day one and it went on forever. Only another six to do!

    Maybe something to fill my day off when I come off of night work....